Garmin Zumo XT

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by VCheng, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Triplog

Triplog Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. mrmagloo

mrmagloo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks - Sure would be nice if someone could figure out how to reduce the size of the Green banner! That takes alot of unnecessary real estate.
    Triplog likes this.
  3. simon crewe

simon crewe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New Software.
    Firmware version 2.9 just released.
    Triplog likes this.
  4. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have the page where the firmware release notes are posted? I have tried to find it in the past with no success.
  5. spangle

spangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
  6. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    spangle likes this.
  7. simon crewe

Oddometer:
    Have a look at post #2 see if this helps. https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=853 I realise it is 'Cardo' related but the logic may be valid.
  8. mrmagloo

mrmagloo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    LOL, I was just going to type this up. Thanks for sharing the link to my post over there. As a follow up, I have since received my Cardo Bold, and that was exactly the trick. Thanks.
    simon crewe likes this.
  9. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    Yeah, if audio quality is what you're after, none of the helmet systems are up to snuff unless you plug in a good set of earbuds, which is a pain in the ass -- and uncomfortable.

But this basically has nothing to do with the Zumo XT; there are lots of Cardo and Sena threads over in the Equipment forum that will probably be a lot more informative.

Personally, I haven't bothered pairing my XT with my Sena because I don't listen to music while I ride (I have too much of an audiophile streak, and poor sound quality annoys me so I'd rather not listen to anything at all), and I don't need the XT to speak to me. I'm fine with the on-screen prompts. Definitely strange that you're getting dropouts between the XT and the Cardo, but from what I've heard, Cardos tend to be a little picky about what they connect to. They don't like to talk to Senas, for example, even if both are in universal Bluetooth mode.

--mark
  10. mrmagloo

mrmagloo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh crap, meant to post that in the Cardo Bold thread. But to your point on the audiophile end, I built a pretty decent system on the bike with a EVOX 1200.4, and a mix of MotoG2's and MMats, Dash, Lowers and TP, and it rocks. However, when riding in a group for a trip, that's just not an option - You have to have a helmet. I'll remove the post and move it to the other thread. Thanks for the heads up!
  11. Boxerbro

Boxerbro Free Spirit

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, not sure if this has already been ask, tried to search for it, but can the Zumo XT have the Garmin Lock? Most of my previous satnavs had that ability.
    Cheers
  12. simon crewe

Oddometer:
  13. dunc

dunc Coddiwompler Supporter

Oddometer:
    go to your garmin express and click the xt
    click the are you up to date then this is there
    xt.jpg
    boulet_boulet likes this.
  14. rcers

rcers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all,question about the new XT and posssibly some help? I’m new to adv bikes and navigating but having a blast bombing around local backroads and exploring on my DR650. I currently use a app called EasyRoute on my iPhone to lay out routes. After I’ve layed the route out I send it to GAIA gps app to navigate with. Super simple process and can do it all from my phone with no computer or 3rd party app. Problem is the vibration is killing my iPhone camera and would also like the bigger screen of the XT. Question is,will I still be able to lay out route using EasyRoute then send directly to XT without using a computer or 3rd party app? I really want to keep using EasyRoute but need to make sure they play well together before paying $500 for the XT. Anyone else have any experience or advice here? If possible,I could email/text a route created with EasyRoute for someone to try in there XT.
    Thanks in advance
    rcers538@comcast.net
  15. R2k

R2k Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    Yes, you'll just export to the Garmin Drive app instead of Gaia GPS; Drive will send it to your XT, which will give you a prompt asking if you want to import it.

This actually works for any iOS app capable of exporting a GPX file, including Scenic, inRoute, MyRoute-app, etc.

--mark
  17. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have an SAE plug on the bike for trickle charge in winter. If I connect an SAE to USB (2.1 amp) or SAE to external female 12v plug do you see any problem charging the XT? I'm getting close to ordering one and will not use the permanent holder or hard wire to bike. I know this connection would not be weather proof but that's ok.
  18. MaineDrummer

MaineDrummer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My XT just landed, and before I put it to good use I want to protect it, so was I wonder what everyone's preferred screen saver is?

Thanks for sharing!
  19. simon crewe

Oddometer:
  20. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you tried SAE to male 12v plug to a female 12v adapter vs the USB adapter? Would be interested to know for when I get my XT. My SAE to USB will give me 2.1 amps. I assume the 12v would be 5 amp??