GasGas Raga Marzocchi Fork Factory Setting?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by SherpaT, Sep 3, 2018.

1. SherpaT

SherpaT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The 2011 Raga manual shows that the right fork clicker is rebound, and left is compression, and there are 25 clicks each, but doesn't say what the default settings are. Anyone know the 'standard' settings for the forks?
  2. mung

mung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have stock oil and oil level the middle of the range will be good.
    Hoss Cartright and SherpaT like this.
  3. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Everything I have read (thanks to stuff HOSS posted to the internet over the years) bikes shipped from factory were set as close to middle as possible.

I had the 11, 12 & 13 raga, the settings I recall before I made any mods are (according to notes I took, hopefully you get it) 14 clicks to fully closed was stock.

Ill share this too. Rear reiger was 14 from closed (that big adjuster you use the batt shaped tool on) bottom screw was 32 clicks from screwed all the way IN. Seems I tried 6 more clicks open, then had to back that off to 2 clicks from stock. Just FWIW I have no idea what to do with the shock and seemed it was same on the TRS....
    SherpaT likes this.
  4. SherpaT

SherpaT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot guys, that makes perfect sense. I appreciate the info! :thumbup
  5. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Bear in mind the number of clicks really doesn't mean much. It's not an absolute setting. The forks will be much slower in cold weather, for example.

Play with the extremes and set them for the conditions and your preferences. If you don't yet have preferences ride more. You will :-)
    Dirt Dud, laser17, SherpaT and 2 others like this.