Gateway BMW/Beta/Royal Enfield - Akalaka Plates, Used Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MMcnamara, May 23, 2018.

1. MMcnamara

MMcnamara Athletic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here at Gateway BMW, we love riding, and we love helping other people get out and ride. We have, for the past few years, offered our customer's used gear on a consignment basis on a major auction site, but I've convinced the boss to let me offer it to ADVRiders first, before posting it to the masses. We will be posting gear in this thread as it comes in the door, and as such some of it might have some bugs or the odd stain.

Call Gateway BMW at (314) 427-9090 and ask for Mark or Jeff. Paypal and major credit cards accepted.

In addition to the used gear...

We have improved BMW's Atacama Soft Bag System by ELIMINATING their wedge plate mount and substituting a mount system we're calling the Akalaka Mount System -- where you can switch from soft to hard bags quickly, easily, and without any wrenching!

Let me demonstrate.

Plates alone are $425 for the set.
    Plates with the same locks your ADV bags have are $697.
    Plates, bags (25/35l set), locks are $1335.

FAQ:

1) What is the weight difference between these and the standard BMW/Mosko plate setup?

Bags and Mosko wedges weigh 19.35lbs, Version 2.0 of the Akalaka gets that weight to 21.8lbs

2) Will these fit an F850GSA?

Nope, not version 2.0, but 3.0 is coming! They are designed for the current generation R1200GSA. The new F850GSA racks are just so slightly different as to just need a trim to fit, and that's what 3.0 will incorporate.

3) Can I use these with other bags?

These will work perfectly with Mosko Moto Backcountry 35 Panniers, as well as working well with many other softbags such as Giant Loop Rocky Mountain and RTW bags, even Ortlieb bicycle panniers have been adapted!

IMG_3241 (1).JPG

Our Fox Hill R1200GS Skidplates are being closed out for just $199! We are losing our ass on this but we just need to get rid of the 1200 parts. The new 1250 plates are under development. Call Mark at 314-427-9090 for the closeout price.

Fox Hill Moto is a local custom parts maker, and we are now carrying their Skidplates for watercooled GS bikes. They are made of aluminum, with aluminum and steel mounting hardware. They fit nice and tight to the header and bottom of the engine, and have a drain hole for oil changes. These plates mount at six points - to the frame at the rear, and the crash bar mounts up front. They do not use the stock mounting points. Pretty bomber plate, if you ask me...$450 plus shipping.

IMG_1172.jpg
    Dale402, TonyKZ1, BigDaveSr and 3 others like this.
  2. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello, I'm glad to see you offering the used gear, etc. here on ADV. I've bought from you over on that huge auction site.
  3. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    The huge auction site confuses and confounds me.
  4. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    SOLD!

Attached Files:

5. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    SOLD!

IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
  6. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    Sold

IMG_1069.jpg
  7. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    SOLD!

Attached Files:

8. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good Supporter

Oddometer:

I will be calling for the full set-up!
  9. WindBlast

WindBlast Jesus and Tequila

Oddometer:
    Funny and annoying story about this shop. I was shopping for a Wunderlich Elephant tang bag and mount for my S1000XR and saw an eBay listing for a used tankbag from GW. I bought it. A couple of days later I get a refund with the explanation that it had been sold in house a few days earlier but no one took the listing down. No harm just disappointment. He then says he will sell me a new one at a bit of a discount. I run the numbers and lo and behold I find the same new bag on eBay from GW again and it is way less than the price they are offering me. I buy the eBay one again. I then get another call informing me that the listing had a price too low and he wouldn't honor it. Two dead eBay sales in two days from GW. This was just a few months ago. Maybe they have their act together better now.
  10. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    SOLD!

Ilium Works Versatile Highway Pegs in Black.

Attached Files:

11. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    The guy who was running our EBay sales is no longer here...I remember this incident and there was much exasperation on our end, I can assure you. Sorry about that, and we will do better in the future.
  12. WindBlast

WindBlast Jesus and Tequila

Oddometer:
    Nice guy but very exasperating experience as you say. Thanks for the response.
  13. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    The Akalaka v2.0 plates are currently sold out. We are awaiting shipment on the fifth run of plates. I'll update when they are finished.

Thanks to everyone who has ordered!
  14. shrini23

shrini23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @MMcnamara I want that polo shirt that you are wearing on the video :)
  15. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    Sorry, still sold out!

The shirts, not the plates. The plates are back in stock!

The next batch will be a version 3.0, with modifications to fit the new 850s. We thought they'd fit, since the hard bags are the same, but BMW dun gone and used some of the space we were using with the Akalaka for the 850 rack so the exhaust side has to be modified.
  16. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    Our Fox Hill R1200GS Skidplates are being closed out for just $199! We are losing our ass on this but we just need to get rid of the 1200 parts. The new 1250 plates are under development. Call Mark at 314-427-9090 for the closeout price.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    https://twitter.com/gatewaybmw/status/1017486780990451713

Those are beautiful.
  18. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    Thanks Adam!

We also have Machine Art Moto handguards in stock. Machine Art are out of them, just in time for the holidays! $269 for the standard, $279 for the Adventure version.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  19. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    Just a reminder, Gateway BMW's Christmas Open House is coming up this Saturday - December 7th.

Stop by between 10 and 3, and if you leave hungry it's your own fault.

Used bikes are marked way down. There are a few out there that he just wants gone. I cannot believe we have had this G650X Challenge with the big tanks for as long as we have...
  20. MMcnamara

Oddometer:
    We've just picked up Royal Enfield Motorcycles! That INT650 looks like a goer!

BSRETank.jpg

Also, Sidi Boots! I cannot tell you how excited I was to hear we had the opportunity to bring these on. The Crossfire 3 is soooo fucking sexy. It's the kind of boot that feels broken in from the second you put it on. It's what Imperial Speederbike Troops would wear.

DSC_0320.JPG

Also, an awesome shot of a 911 at Eau Rouge, just because:

EOaw-BCW4AEbkoa (1).jpg
    TonyKZ1, STLR and AdamChandler like this.