Gathering of the Clans

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by BigDoc, May 7, 2012.

1. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Carolina
    June 8 - 10, 2012
    20th Gathering of the Clans Airheads Beemer Club #214

20th Gathering of the Clans

It is hard to believe we have been doing this for twenty years!! Dust off that old Airhead and join us!!

We are inviting old friends and folks seeking ADVENTURE to come to High Country Motorcycle Camp, located near Ferguson, NC. Near is used rather loosly here, as the camp is not near anywhere but nature. For a detailed map about getting there go to www.highcountrymotorcyclecamp.com or www.bmwairheads.org . Folks still using maps can look up Ferguson, NC to get an idea of where they are headed. The first turn to the campground is about nine miles south of the Blue Ridge Parkway OR seven miles noth of North Wilksboro, NC following US 421. The turn will be well marked with BRIGHT BMW roundel signs, as will all other turns to the site. When you hear Dueling Banjos in your helmet, you are getting close or badly lost.
    The country gas station near the last turn is CLOSED due to EPA regulations. PLEASE top off your tank before turning off US 421. You might also want to stock up on beverages, ice, etc. because it is a long trip back to town.
    $35 per adult, kids charged according to temerment and size. Wonderful shady camping along a mountain stream, hot showers, Fri. and Sat. evening meals provided, maybe some doorprizes, tech sessions and roads for any riding style. PLEASE, check your tires before leaving home. Bunkhouse beds are available for the noncamper type.
    INFO: Charlie Smith, bmwcharlie@embarqmail.com (use Gathering in the subject line) 276-638-32
  2. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have attended this rally several times and it is always a great group of bikes and some terrific riding.
  3. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Make plans to do this. I am hoping my son can join us.
  4. azmuth

azmuth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It looks like the weather is going to be nice for the gathering. Hope to see everyone there! :clap:clap
  5. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My son called and got Friday off. See you guys for dinner Friday night.
  6. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I talked to Charlie and he reminded me that there is no need to prepay for this; but he would appreciate a phone call or email so he can plan the meals.

The weather is going to be terrific.
  7. RealOldDualSportGuy

RealOldDualSportGuy You Played it for her, you can play it for me Supporter

Oddometer:
    Could a wnnna be air head owner tag along?

Just askin'.............?

8. azmuth

azmuth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Weather will be fantastic!

Be sure to get fuel, ice and other stuff in Boone if coming from the west or in Wilkesboro if you're riding in from the East. It really is a long way to the closest store. :clap
  9. slightlymodified

slightlymodified Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Could a wnnna be air head owner tag along?"

I have never seen them turn anyone away, plus having a few non-airheads makes for more interesting conversations.
  10. ryder1

ryder1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there an extra charge for the bunkhouse?