GatosBros

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jesusgatos, Aug 11, 2012.

1. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    GatosBros will be out of the "office" for a few day in the beginning of February. If you see us at King of Motos, stop by for a cold one!

[​IMG]
  2. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just reread the first part of this thread again back from 2012. Awesome.

Several years on my damper mount now and it is as solid as the day it went in -- zero issues whatsoever. Also after a couple conversations with Jesse and Rob over the years, I'm extremely happy to support these guys. Every aspect of what Jesse mentions in the first post is correct. They are built for intelligence and design and zero compromises.

I'm also on my second set of their 'pinchies' - they are brilliant, and also make the historically narrow grips of moto bars a little wider, which is nice for guys with large hands such as myself. My take is that anyone who cares about bark busters should have a set of pinchies.

Anyway, I am running HDB bark busters on one bike, and Cycras on the other. Happy with both setups though the HDB is obviously very strong and stout (probably the stoutest on the market). Even with the thread in aluminum inserts from HDB and the solid inner mount, I still managed to crash once and twist them up but they have extra meat on them that makes the the only bark busters on the market that don't fit pinchies. This also hurt ends of my big hands a little.

For that reason with a simple 4.5 angle grinder and a flap/sanding wheel I was able to adapt the HDB bars into the Gatos Bros pinchies, and widen the grips quite a bit as well. Zero issues whatsoever, over a year on this setup including a wreck last week that was good enough that it could have caused a concussion (luckily didn't). 1 year+ and zero issues with several wrecks. If you're [in your thirties with no kids] and not wrecking, you're not riding hard enough ;) .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luckily it only took 30+ years for someone to figure out a solution to this. Thanks Gatos Bros.
  3. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    No photos yet... sorry.

I have already watched my bike scrape its way down a waterfall (after I didn't make it all the way up) right on the GatosBros bar end C clamp. Barely a mark.

Good stuff guys!!!:clap
  4. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    The bar risers are now on the website, and in stock! Borrowing design from the KTM damper mount, you can now get the handlebars out of your lap without compromising strength or adjustability.

[​IMG]

For those of you following the #GatosBrosGiveAway thread, there is something specific I may want to have tested this month. :evil
  5. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The day I pull the trigger on a dampner you will be called. I did bite on the Triple Clamp Mounts and the Pinchy Clamps. Can't wait to have them on my bike!
  6. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Jesse really likes vans, and when his dogs aren't piled in the back of his, I can usually pry it away to go riding. Only problem is that you need to compress the forks for the bike to roll in and out without hitting the roof. Easiest way to do that is with a tiedown, but most bikes don't have a great place to put the lower hook without some "improvising". Even then, the hook usually messes something up like a clicker, or chews on the brake caliper or fork lug. Then, once your bike is tied down in side, the forks compress a little further and the bottom hook falls off.

Obviously nothing ground breaking here, but its the little things that add up.

Fork Squeeze, KTM 24mm

Will make versions for other models if there is much interest in these guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
  8. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yo! I was about to order a set of C-clamps and a fork squeeze but then I noticed there is no option for orange OR black in the drop down menu for the c-clamps... what's up with that?
  9. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Ongoing problems with neighbors/city/county/law enforcement regarding storage forcing sale of the majority of our large collection of military vehicles. Too much time and money spent moving, so we've priced everything for quick sales, and we'll adjust prices as we recover from moving expenses. So please take a look and give us a call sooner than later if you see anything you like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Thanks for spotting that!

Check your inbox! I'll stuff a set of the C-clamps in there also. Orange, or black?
  11. resqdoc

resqdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any motion on this?
  12. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Sorry, nothing. Wasn't able to convince them that there was anything worth pursuing outside motocross.
  13. AllenL

AllenL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick question for you guys... why go with 7mm bolts for one pair of your submount bar riser bolts?
  14. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Hi Allen, good question. For those also wondering, the bolts in our kit use a mix of standard and low profile hardware. Standard M10 socket head cap screws use an 8mm allen key, while most commercially available low profile socket head cap screws use a 7mm allen key. Would guess the main reason they used that size is because the bottom of the allen key sits near the bottom of the bolt head with low profile hardware. Since the minor diameter of a M10 bolt is about 8.5mm, they likely reduced the allen key drive to 7mm to improve strength near the bolt head. Made this to show what I'm getting at:

[​IMG]

Know that KTM's come stock with low profile hardware and use a 8mm allen key, but once you take those bolts on and off a few times, they wallow out. There is much less engagement between the tool and bolt since it cannot be broached nearly as deep for the problems outlined above. Lastly, that hardware is custom made for KTM, to their specs and ordered 1000's of pieces at a time. Guess they did it just to standardize things.
  15. AllenL

AllenL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the clear explanation. The sub mount and risers are awesome btw.
  16. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the order Allen, and glad you're diggin' the setup!
  17. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
  18. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Blowout sale: We've got a few sets of Showa USD conversion clamps for the xr650r left. At $400 for both clamps, Scott's damper mount, top caps, and hardware it's a ripping deal. Hands down the best way to get modern forks on your BRP. On sale through the weekend!

[​IMG]
  19. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    quiet thread... just bought a damper mount. wonder why i can't get a black one for older KTM? only orange option?
  20. RobertoGatos

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the order!

If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks, we should have black ones back on the shelves. Parts are at the anodizers now.