1. eNewsletter Sign Up

GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    FYI... My pump connects to the top. It sprays pretty far, like in the video.

2. e010584

e010584 Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    @rthuey,

You've just discovered the unadvertized Geigerrig reserve "feature" as the hydration engine traps an appreciable amount of fluid on the liquid side when under pressure that only comes available when you let out the air. Although it somewhat disappointing, it's amazing how nice it is to find that little extra water when you thought you were totally out. It's a far better feature than when the drink tube comes off the quick release fitting and empties most all of your water onto your backside before you realize what happened.

As far as I can tell, the fluid is trapped by virtue of the fact that it becomes evenly distributed by the pressure, such that gravity can no longer pull it down to the drink tube.
  3. Hedonist222

Hedonist222 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received mine (just the 3Liter bladder system) a few days ago.

Haven't tried it yet.

Two observations: (especially if you intend to use it in non-Geigerrig bags)

1- drinking tube is on the short side.
    Better to make it extra long, user can trim as necessary.

2- bag design is vertically oriented.
    I.e: it's longer than it is wide.

I'm using mine in a Lowe Alpine AirZone Z 20

Fortunately for me, the bag design itself is also vertically oriented - so it fit.
    I can see it not fitting in those square'ish & compact design bags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    curious what your doing with the second hose. since the geiger bags are designed for dual hoses. as in how are you routing it?

is that why you are seeing an issue with length of the hose?

i would agree with a longer drink tube since i use my geigerrig 1600 on my trike. i have the whole bag sitting in the basket behind me and it would be nice if the hose was a couple inches longer. i have to turn my head more than i would like but it does work. that said both of us are using the equipment not as designed and should not expect the designers to be able to anticipate all uses. the hose is the perfect length for intended use.

job well done geigers and vfr870. i have been enjoying it.

as a side note;
    i would like to point out that the zipper on the outer pocket of the 1600 led me to believe one could put an electronic device in there and that it would be water resistant. i fortunately had some cash in there which eventually dried out. but yeah i would not put an electronic in there and expect it to stay dry
  5. Hedonist222

Oddometer:
    Good question.
    I haven't used it yet.
    I guess I'll just route both tubes out the same orifice.
    The pump tube is short & won't affect the ride.

No. I just wish it about 10cm longer (4 inches).
  6. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    I leave the pump inside my bag ... it doesn't need to be pumped that often.
  7. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of a holiday special sale coming up? My 1200 is still going strong and two of my three bladders and three filters are in good shape but I'm digging that Tactical 1600 Coyote in a big way.
  8. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have one that I could be convinced to let go. PM me
  9. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I gracious inmate PMed me with a special offer that I just took advantage of. Very grateful! 1600 coyote and virus filter on it's way.
  10. novasquid

novasquid will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Can I trouble someone for a code too? I just stumbled upon this and would love it as my first hydration system.
  11. gjm6syn6

gjm6syn6 Underground

Oddometer:
    I'd like the promo code too if somebody could hook me up. Has anyone had any issues with the virus filter? Seems pretty damn nice if it works well!
  12. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU ADV RIDERS: 40% GEIGERRIG discount for all ADV inmates – Today and Always – for all hydration needs courtesy of GEIGERRIG. The offer lasts so long as the inmate code is kept within the family of registered ADV inmates. GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs wishes to express its gratitude and support for the ADV inmate community that has been so supportive of our GEIGERRIG Hydration Systems. The 40% discount code is attained by sending a personal message to GB. (GB is the ADV Rider Administrator.) You can also send an e-mail to sales@hubcityoutdoor.com requesting the ADV Rider Code. Please include your inmate name so that we can send the code to you via PM on this site.

The code is case sensitive (ALL CAPS), and works only for purchases on the GEIGERRIG website: www.Geigerrig.com. Enter the code at the end of the check-out process (after entering your credit card information), and a special discount of 40% will be applied to your entire order. If you have problems using the code please send an email to sales@hubcityoutdoor.com or call the GEIGERRIG offices at 801-823-3336. Please keep this code inside the ADV family! Please do not broadcast it over any public airwaves. GEIGERRIG loves the community here at ADV rider but also must protect its retailers and product value. Best Regards, Bob Geiger, GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
  13. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for y our generous offer to the ADV community!
  14. jonnyfish

jonnyfish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi I am also interested in the promo code for GEIGERRIG thanks so much to ADV Community for deals like these!! Great bunch of people here and some great knowledge also!! Thanks
  15. Nytebreed

Nytebreed Need more braaap

Oddometer:
    I just received my rig today.
    While I haven't filled it up yet, first impressions are quite good.
    I went with the tactical rigger, as I wasn't looking for another backpack, I just wanted a hydro pack & carrier. This model, with it's molle loops and d rings looks like it could be mounted to a pack or the bike, with little effort if needed anyway.

Materials are quality and free of flaws.
    I got a couple surprises as well.
    It was equipped with the insulated drinking tube, which is shown on the website pics, but is not detailed.
    There is also a removeable plastic armor plate in the pack to protect the engine, this is a nice addition.

I have a feeling that this won't be my last Geigerrig purchase.

Good job Bob, it's a product to be proud of, and again thank you for your support!
  16. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is probably a dumb question but will this bladder work upside down?

I hate wearing backpacks because of intense heat in the desert. I want to transform my tank bag into my hydration pack. Basically I want a bladder inside my Wolfman tank bag so I have easy and quick access. I'm interested in the Geigerrig system so I can spray myself down to cool off. However I need to know if it will work until it's empty upside, sideways, whatever.

Thanks!!!
  17. Hedonist222

Oddometer:
    No

Because, although it's pressurized, the outlet is on the bottom.
    So if it's upside down, you'll be inhaling air & depressurizing it.

By the way, it's a bit gimmicky. The pressurized part.

My official review:

I gave this a 2 star rating because the advertising is misleading.

I use it when i ride my motorbike.

The advertising:
    The pressure bulb and pressure tube provides the mechanism to pressurize our hydration bladders utilizing the patented two chamber system. Spray to drink, Spray to Cool, Spray to Clean, Spray to Share…etc. It is certainly convenient to have this capability so that you can enjoy these benefits from the hydration pack on your back.

My comment:
    What they don't seem to mention is thy inconvenience of needing to re-pump the bladder. Very often. Too often.

You'll pump it, you'll get the spray.
    Then you'll need to keep re-pumping it.
    And it's inconvenient to keep the bulb inflator out the bag & on my shoulder.
    I don't need things bouncing around me or getting caught branches while riding off road.

It means I have to stop , take out the bulb inflator, then put it back in the backpack.

The bulb shouldn't be so bulky either.

Novelty idea, but that's just it - a novelty.
  18. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    Since this thread was bumped... I've been using their hydration engines for a few years, and getting them to work with various packs is hit or miss. Last summer, I bought one of their packs (RIG 650) and it works really well with the engine. I have been using it for mtb riding and I like how the pump is easily accessible (unlike on my motorcycle, where I always have the pump inside the bag). I can easily pump it while riding.

I don't think it's a novelty- for me, it's more like a luxury. If the air runs out (and you don't want to pump), then you just have a regular camelback-style bladder which you can suck from. But, I often use the pressurized water to clean things, and I can't do that with any other brand. Do I need the pressurized water? No. But, I really like having it.
  19. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    ***BUYER BEWARE***

Anyone order one recently with 3L engine and receive a 2L engine instead? When I contacted Brock he said they were all out of 3L so sent 2L instead. He said they'd ship out the 3L in a few weeks, but it's been 3 months since I placed my order. Kind of crummy they didn't mention this when ordering or just slip a note in the package. I have sent 2 or 3 emails to Brock with no response, although he has no problem spamming me with Linkedin friend requests. An email to the VP went unanswered and then when I called they said they still don't have any 3L bladders and don't know when they will get them. I placed my order because I wanted a backpack with 3L bladder and would've purchased a Camelbak had I known they were indefinitely out. The Gieger I spoke to on the phone just wanted to joke about how I'd just need to fill it up twice. What a douchebag! Some of us require the extra water during our jobs to stay hydrated in the desert and can't fill up whenever we want. I get the impression they don't really give a shit so I'll be filing a fraudulent claim with my CC company.
  20. squatch.f22

squatch.f22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I strap mine to the top of my bags on the seat behind me and never have a problem. I pump it up whenever I stop and it maintains pressure just fine for a few hours until the next refill and gas stop.

I don't know what he's talking about with getting air... When I fill mine I remove all air from the water bladder when I put the top back on. The air bladder is separate so you don't deflate that when you drink. It decreases the pressure as the water volume decreases but doesn't let the air out unless you release it at the valve.

I love mine, just wish the hose was about 6-12 inches longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk