1. eNewsletter Sign Up

GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. WhereTheHellIsJames?

WhereTheHellIsJames? Brraaaappp!!

Oddometer:
    I placed an order a couple of weeks ago, and have yet to receive it. After multiple emails and phone attempts over the last 10 days, I finally reached a company called Aquamira, who has apparently purchased the Geigerrig brand as of Monday 05/16/2016, and all of it's assets and inventory... Press Release from Aquamira's website here.

Brands change hands, and that's fine, and I wish everyone well with this. The crummy though, is that Aquamira informed me that since my purchase of a RIG 700M was made shortly before the brand changed hands, they really have no record of it. I was told that since they don't have any record of the transaction, they can't ship me my order (unless I pay again... oh, and also, they're not shipping until late June), nor can they refund me. I emailed them the purchase invoice, but was told that while inconvenient (and costly) to me, that they really just don't know what to do here.

Crummy situation, and I'm left wondering why Geigerrig took my $ in the first place. Now I get to deal with my CC company to try and get a refund. As of this moment, the Geigerrig Hydration Pack sure leaves a bad taste.

Hoping that Aquamira will take the measures to make this right.
  2. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    Hopefully the mods will take them off the ADV Vendor list to prevent future purchases and screwing us over.

Sent from under a rock using Tapatalk
  3. Cruiser

Cruiser Cruiser.. 16 beta 350rr, 2003 KTM 625sxc

Oddometer:
    Hopefully this all gets worked out. The new company seams to be bigger. better able to deal with things? I have never had issues with the company myself but I know others who ordered and waited, and waited and waited. I'm hoping the warranties on the bladders will be honored with the new company. I have several bags, 5 bladders. They were always quick to deal with bladder warranty. Emailed them a picture, serial number, issue I was having, bang new bladder kit in the mail in two days. Only used it twice but I only use these bags since 2008/9? can't remember actually. Have a 500 & 700. I find the 700 was great size for going out on the bigger bike(625) and 500 perfect for enduros and tight trail work which is all I really do anymore. My 700 bag is brand new still. 4 years old I think my tags may even be on it.
  4. WhereTheHellIsJames?

Oddometer:
    Received some additional correspondence from Aquamira, and it appears that they're trying to figure things out for me. Apparently they purchased the company, but have not yet acquired the assets from the former. Sounds like they should pick everything up Monday or Tuesday next week, and hopefully they can find the bag that I ordered and send it my way.
    Cruiser likes this.
  5. WhereTheHellIsJames?

Oddometer:
    I have to say that the folks at Aquamira have been really great about trying to get me my pack. I've had a couple of conversations with them now, and it sounds like things will go a bit smoother with the Geigerrig brand from here on out. Also, I received an email this afternoon saying that the pack that I ordered prior to the company changing hands was shipping today.
  6. wess

wess n00b

Oddometer:
    I wonder if they will still do a discount for adv riders
  7. GryphonD

GryphonD n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if they still offer a discount to adv riders?
  8. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am no longer providing the discount info and will remove this vendor from the Vendors discount list.
  9. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am still considering buying one of these products. I did see pics earlier in the thread of a pack with a Leatt brace. Does anybody else wear this product with a Leatt brace and what model Geigerrig do you have?