1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold Gen2 VMax for Sale or Trade (price drop) (western SC)

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by ediehl, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PB120018.JPG PB120019.JPG PB120020.JPG PB120022.JPG PB120023.JPG SOLD Very clean 2009 VMX17 VMax. It's a little heavier than I prefer, though I quite like the upright riding posture and the MONSTER motor (easily the most powerful I've had in 50+ years of extensive trading/riding). No known issues, always garage kept, good tires (rear almost brand new)/fresh fully synthetic oil. Recently SS Delkevic exhaust (louder than stock but not excessive---if you want LOUD remove the baffles \;-), and a Gurued Gear reflash of the ECU (google it or check the VMax forums---kinda expensive but very well regarded---gets rid of factory tune limitations). 16K+ miles

It's not a beginner's bike, and a potential buyer would have to convince me of their extensive riding experience before I'd allow a test ride (AND have a motorcycle license endorsement, AND cash in hand). Trades I might consider would preferably be low mileage, very good condition, with upright riding positions. Nicely farkled would be good. A good handling musclebike, perhaps---a ZRX1200 or MT10 come to mind, but I will happily entertain offers. Maybe a really nice dual-sport? I trade bikes a LOT /;-) No feet-forward cruisers or lean-forward sportbikes. Might trade for something interesting, like a very nice dual sport and $$, or maybe I'll try something like a Road King, so long as I'm not forced into a continuous feet-forward posture. Western SC (Greenville), $8300, dipper at ericdiehl dot com

The only flaw I consider noticeable is a 1/2" scuff on the leading edge of the left airscoop. To my eye it is only noticeable if you're looking closely for flaws. Pb180025_01.jpg
    MMMOTORCYCLE, slime and Rokoneer like this.
  2. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  3. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stock mufflers coming with the bike?
    Thks!
  4. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was going to sell the stock exhaust separately, but if a buyer will meet my asking price I would include them with the sale :-)
  5. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bump for a price drop: $8300
  6. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bump
    OU812 likes this.
  7. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer: