Genial Motors of Italy?

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by cgguy09, Mar 4, 2019.

1. cgguy09

cgguy09 Scientiæ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:
    Howdy team,
    I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some fork cartridges for my F800GS. As Konflict Suspension just moved to Texas, there are no Ohlins shops nearby that sell/install the devices, I decided I'd look around...and, as with all situations, I'm shopping for a good deal. ;)

I came across Genial Motors (https://www.genialmotor.it/en) and a sourcing point for the product. I reached out and they seemed fairly responsive to my messages and spoke English as well as me. Apparently, shipping will be about 2 weeks from Europe to the States and I should avoid any customs/VAT taxes associated with the transaction.

I wanted to see if anyone had done this song and dance with them before? Given the appearance of their site, it appears they are setup to do business with America (You ultimately pay with PayPal, the site is in perfect English, and USD denominations are an easy drop down menu).

If you have gone with them, what was your experience like? Any discount code you can provide?

Thanks as always for your shared wisdom!

-cFogs
  2. cgguy09

Oddometer:
    Hey team,
    I'll follow up on my own post. I ordered the Parts last Tuesday and they arrived today via DHL. It was impressive to watch the package traveling from Italy to Washington State.

Perhaps they traveled so fast because the package was light! When it arrived my springs were missing! I contacted the company ( of course it's after hours) but I'm hoping they can rush them out tomorrow to my suspension shop directly & save me a trip
  3. GoofyNZ

GoofyNZ n00b

Oddometer:

This business is terrible. I ordered a full set of Ohlins suspension which was advertised as being customised to your weight and riding style. I supplied both weight and riding style to them and received the standard spring rates which were totally inadequate for my size. They kept communicating but never sent a replacement until the purchase protection ran out after which they stopped replying. A very expensive mistake to buy from this business.

If you haven’t got your replacement springs I would be getting on to PayPal dispute or credit card company to try get money back ASAP!
  4. Ciocanul

Ciocanul n00b

Oddometer:
    So, did you get your springs, or how did this story end?
  5. cgguy09

Oddometer:
    I got them, they shipped them separately from the cartridges..... pretty annoying. But, I think they gave me a discount.

Ciocanul likes this.
  6. Ciocanul

Ciocanul n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you, that should be of some relief. I've just payed for a pair of Ohlins springs for my 800gs, but not through their website but by bank transfer after agreeing on a price via email. Now I'm having some buyer's regret, hope I'll get them, though.
    cgguy09 likes this.
  7. cgguy09

Oddometer:
    I’ll follow up with that, I think I saved a little bit of money, avoiding taxes and such, but it may not have been worth the troubke
  8. cgguy09

Oddometer:
    Yea, they are reputable as far as that goes. I’m sure you’ll get your product.