Genuine G400C gets Scrambled

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by UnkiePhil, Jan 17, 2019.

1. UnkiePhil

UnkiePhil n00b

Oddometer:
    Because I believe in "Scramble All The Things" the G400C wasn't around here too damn long before we had to go and take a whisk to it.

Scrambler Exhaust: Try as I may, I couldn't find a CL400 Exhaust anywhere, so... we made it from an XL400 Powerbomb header, welded up some stainless tubing and added an Emgo Silencer

Just trimmed down the original fenders and squeezed on some TKC80's. Waiting on rubber mudguards.

Replaced the OEM handlebars and went to a set of narrow MX bars we had here.

Ditched the ridiculously large right sidepanel and replaced it with an alloy number plate.
    Waiting on a few ordered-in items to arrive, but we should have it complete in time for the IMS motorcycle show in Cleveland next weekend.

Attached Files:

2. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool! Didn’t even know this thing existed. Did the same thing to an SR400 last year.
  3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks great. Genuine should have offered a scrambler version in the initial production run.
  4. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice job on the 400. Like the number plate, you need a number on it.
  5. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @oneworldcycles

Oddometer:
    Dig it!! Need a vid!
  6. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you sell them like that, I will be hard pressed not to fly to Cleveland and buy one. My brother is in Columbus and I could use an excuse to road trip it to him, do the first service, and then road trip back home to NC.

Charles.
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I msg Genuine via Facebook and asked them about a dirt version. They said dirt use was not on their radar what so ever. I said maybe it should be, you would sell more.

Remember Genuine is a scooter company, rebranded scooters, at their core so dirt use does not really register with them. I'm thinking city hipsters run the company.
  8. DownDaRoader

DownDaRoader n00b

Oddometer:
    Yep... That works.
  9. BajaCoyote

BajaCoyote Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, pretty lean thinking on their part. Good news it's easy to scramble it.