Genuine Motorcycle G400C

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by conchscooter, Nov 7, 2015.

1. rjmorel

rjmorel Dual Sporticus

Oddometer:
    Any one put heated grips on their G400c? Tis the season.
    Anyone know what amps the stator is putting out if it could handle heated grips , jacket, etc?
    thanks rj
  2. boyjeenyus

boyjeenyus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alrighty! Finally back to my welding machine, so I finished up my exhaust system with all the cl350 heat shields. The fit isn't exactly factory-quality, but I'm very happy with the results. Lots more power than stock with the bigger exhaust, and finally has the looks I wanted. I left the pipe-wrap on there behind the front heat shield to add more thermal protection. I may eventually remove it, but happy as-is for now:) YAY!
    Stephen
    IMG_5177.JPG
    IMG_5178.JPG
  3. rockt

rockt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool, nice job Stephen. How many miles on the beast now?
  4. boyjeenyus

boyjeenyus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm at 2,230 miles today. I couldn't be happier with this bike. Next levels of mods will be an upgraded braided front brake line, and most likely some higher-quality fork springs.
    Stephen
  5. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett

Oddometer:
    Looks heavy, no kick start?
  6. boyjeenyus

boyjeenyus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I actually think that it's lighter than the OEM one. Probably lighter steel, lighter mufflers, and no catalytic converter. The kick start lever is strapped in above the air intake. I can unstrap it, and put it in place if I need to use it....still works, just not bolted in place.
    Stephen
  7. Rosetwig

Rosetwig n00b

Oddometer:
    I did, last fall. A pair of Oxford HotGrips (Adventure type). They fit great and really work well. I also upped the battery to get more cranking power, as we've all learned that the factory standard one is a bit wimpy. I probably could have done it all at home, but my buddy runs a small vintage British bikes garage, so I swapped him a six-pack for some help.
  8. boyjeenyus

boyjeenyus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rosetwig, Which battery did you go with? I could use a little more cranking power sometimes.
    S

9. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

That turned out great man!
  10. Rosetwig

Rosetwig n00b

Oddometer:
    I went with a WestCo 12V12-B battery, which I purchased from Apex Battery. Here's a direct link to the product page on their site: https://www.apexbattery.com/westco-12v12-b-battery-201632.html
  11. cpazambrana

cpazambrana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guys. I’ve been having problems starting the bike. Although the battery is fully charged is still very lazy to start and hesitates a lot. The stock battery is only 50 CCA. I got this one from Battery Plus which is a perfect match for the space and has 130 CCA. It works very nice and now the bike doesn’t hesitate to start. Just some information.

Attached Files:

12. runpet

runpet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I've experienced the same problem. Does the battery just slip in or does something have to be modified? It is really bad the colder the temperature outside.
  13. cpazambrana

cpazambrana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This one just slips in without the need for modification. Just plug and play. Earlier in this thread a battery from ebay was recommended but when I got it, it was too big and required some modifications.
  14. runpet

runpet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent! I will have to try it. Thanks