Georgia BS-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Al Tuna, Jul 13, 2016.

1. ZCarFan2

ZCarFan2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeez...

Black CB500X. Twas I.

Now what's the chances of that? Then again, these things happen to me a lot. Weird.

(With Maxwell Smart voice) Missed me by that much...

My pic was from the shore. Won't be developed for a while...
    SloDon likes this.
  2. jub jub

jub jub frumiousbandersnatch Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Reckon I'm going to hold out for the CBR600RRR-RR! :photog

That is just plain 'merica speaking there!
    MrsEZMoney likes this.
  3. b1pig

b1pig Long timer

Oddometer:

See... that's my problem when I go into a liquor store. Crown Royal? Yes, please.... now... let me peruse your selection of scotch, gin, whiskey, voda and various beers....

I like to uh... broaden my horizons. :freaky

I WILL NOT BE RUSHED!:deal
    Ernbo6 likes this.
  4. b1pig

b1pig Long timer

Oddometer:

Needs more R-bell.
  5. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    Slipstreamer windshield for the Sportster arrived. Maybe I'll get to try it it out today if I don't work till midnight again.
    Tshack and NxtGoRnd like this.
  6. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    Windshield provided good coverage but bad buffeting. At 65 the visor is blurrier than the mirrors which is really something on a solid mount XL. Need to adjust and try again.

Maybe I'll throw some soft bags on it and make a Tourster.

Speaking of touring. I was scheduled for a week off in the first week of June. Visiting family up north and going to the MAAM WWII days again. Put serious thought to riding up via the BRP. Various friends and family members freaked thinking this must be an unthinkably dangerous undertaking :jack. Seeing such a reaction maybe I should take the sporty? anyway, cancelled due to nobody wanting me there right now for some reason.... Commies!

Really getting the bug to quit work, take some long trips, enjoy life - just real bad timing.
    Ernbo6 likes this.
  7. b1pig

b1pig Long timer

Oddometer:
    A “tourster”??! Is such blasphemous language permitted here??? Putting TKC80’s on a R1 might be more acceptable. Lmao.....

This coronacation crap has screwed up our personal life at home. Granted both of my jobs are quite necessary, but the wife has no break from the kids. Our house is a freaking disaster area. Wife is managing it, but I’ve used up the only 4 days off Ive had the last month catering to her. I had to wait till everyone was supposed to be in bed two weeks ago to work on my Jeep. Lol.

Our planned boating trip was cancelled because.... while Florida fish and game had distance restrictions on boating, the three counties bordering my planned destination had closed the boat ramps.

Now that I’ve changed shifts, my summer vacation is screwed because the three supervisors on my new shift had already taken days through my planned (ie: traditional for last 20 years) summer break. I can’t formulate any plan, because as yet, our county has not released ANY dates for next school year. Without a cutoff date to plan around anything I come up with is a shot in the dark.
    Ernbo6 likes this.
  8. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    Blasphemy? Shoot, knybanjo rode a Hugger all over the country. Even one XL that shows up regularly in IBA events. Anyway, a sporty is blasphemous in nature anyway.

For work, at least you'll get to retire. ATM, I'm not sure I will before 70. Should have taken that job with the county. :)

Did see a cheapish Royal Star Saturday. That would almost be too easy for long trips.
  9. b1pig

b1pig Long timer

Oddometer:
    I sooo wish I had spare change. I bet the bike and old muscle/pony car market is going to get flooded soon. Lol

That Royal Star could be a decent future investment
  10. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    When all the layoffs started, I assumed the market for "toys" would implode and delaers would be sitting on piles of new and used motorcycles. Usually, in tough times, people stop spending money on anything optional.

What I (and others) am seeing is tons of bike sales and empty dealers. A friend is looking to get back in to riding and is having a hard time finding good bikes as they get sold out from under him. Local HD shop salesguy said they are having a hard time keeping used stock at an acceptable level. Weird...

The Star is interesting. I had an '83 Venture but it was obscenely top-heavy. The Royal Star is a distant relative in cruiser packaging and almost 200 more lbs. My issue with it is that I'd have to get rid of something else to do it and unlike many others, I'm not so keen on spending optional money right now. Yet...
  11. MrMac

MrMac Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A few days ago, I was as at Pro-line, a small mechanic shop in Loganville (they were a KTM dealer many years back). He told me that they have never been this busy! They have actually had to turn down some work.

On the other hand, I found out a couple of days ago that Hourglass Cycles, our local (NE ATL) BMW/Triumph dealer, will not be re-opening after shutting down for Covid. That is a real bummer.. Lot of good people working there that I got to know on a first-name basis.
  12. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    Strange times.
  13. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    My friend was negotiating with a dealer in PA for a Victory that was listed Monday. He contacted them this morning with an offer but someone came in while they were thinking it over and paid full price. Gone.

Checking around some of the local dealers are showing 0 - zero used bikes. This is really odd to me considering the amount of people out of work.

Maybe a good time for me to sell of some stuff?
    Ernbo6 likes this.
  14. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is definitely not the wknd for it. I took mine out for awhile today just to burn off some winter gas. River was so crowded after a couple hours just turned it around and brought it home. I’m seeing more and more people out there who probably shouldn’t be piloting a boat. Courtesy seems to be out the door these days
  15. belmoresr

belmoresr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Our power was off until around 10 so we started out late today as usual. Tons of people out as are local law enforcement, which is fine w me. Nice day weather wise. Heck of a storm again after we got home last night
    Ernbo6 likes this.
  16. Jimbobvfr

Jimbobvfr Jimbob

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

Ernbo6 likes this.
  17. ZCarFan2

Oddometer:
    Royal Star is off for now. Not enough trade in for the CB and I still want to keep the Sportster. If I could unload the Ascot and CL70 maybe.

But... Got lost a few times out amongst the farms and such between Roopville and Ephesus though. A good kind of lost. I had a great urge to keep heading south along gently rolling farm roads but it'll have to wait a bit.
  18. b1pig

b1pig Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_1013.jpg
    Necessary investment came in today. I like this thing. Now I can feel good about putting things in the bed of the truck again.
    MrsEZMoney, MrMac and tsimmons like this.
  19. tsimmons

tsimmons Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got one like that, plus a pop n lock on the tailgate to lock it with the door remote.
    MrsEZMoney likes this.
  20. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    My new purchase today

IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3575.jpg
    IMG_3579.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    MrsEZMoney, belmoresr, MrMac and 7 others like this.