Georgia OHV Park tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by craftycoder, May 21, 2010.

1. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    Here are tracks for all the North Georgia OHV Parks.

Download

If and when Mapcenter becomes available again, I will make a Garmin Map of these as well.

Many thanks to RichardU for his assistance with this matter.

2. RichardU

RichardU Let's Ride

Oddometer:
    The 2011 update of City Navigator has routable roads shown for the trails in Whisenhunt, and maybe the others as well. There is also an overlay available for Google Earth that shows all of the OHV areas in N. Ga. Not as useful as tracks, but might be helpful.
  3. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    How do I get said Google Earth overlay?
  4. RichardU

RichardU Let's Ride

Oddometer:
    Disregard. The kmz file referred to maps on the http://fs.usda.gov website which have since been moved or removed. I don't use Google Earth much any more to research potential routes. The MVUM maps and county road maps are the best resources (to find dirt roads). Do you have those?

The old Google Earth overlay showed maps like the one below in their proper location, partially transparent. I suppose someone could download all these maps to a permanent location and recreate the overlay. I could send you the original kmz file if you like.

[​IMG]
  5. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    I can do the dot to dot. I was hoping to find a routable map of this so I could do it more accurately. Because these trails are so small I don't think the dot to dot strategy is accurate enough to recreate tracks for the map I am constructing. Do you have CN 2011? If so, are you interested in creating a route for each of the OHV parks? I'll give you an overlay map for your Garmin GPS in exchange if you want. These will be just like the map I put together for the Hatfield-McCoy trails.
  6. RichardU

RichardU Let's Ride

Oddometer:
    I do have 2011, and can create routes. How would you be able to use those? Convert them to tracks, then make those routable? What map are you working on? I may have some other dirt routes of interest.
  7. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    I will convert them into polylines and then compile them into a Garmin map.

Just like I show on this thread. Scroll down for photos.

Thank you very much BTW!
  8. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    These are the OHV parks I know of.

Houston Valley
    Rocky Flats
    Windy Gap, Milma Creek, and Tibbs
    Rock Creek and Tatum Lead
    Davenport Mountain
    Whissenhunt
    Beasley Knob
    Oakey Mountain and Moates Knob
    Locust Stake
    Town Creek
  9. RichardU

RichardU Let's Ride

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't you need tracks and not routes to do that? Without the underlying data (2011) how can you convert routes to anything? What is the process? PM your email so I can send you files.
  10. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    I use routes all the time. Send me a test route from one park just to make sure. I think all the data is in there though.
  11. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    Here are tracks for all the North Georgia OHV Parks.

Download

If and when Mapcenter becomes available again, I will make a Garmin Map of these as well.

Many thanks to RichardU for his assistance with this matter.
  12. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    You can also find millions of stolen credit card numbers if you know what to search for. That doesn't really help me though. A helpful response would include a link to the overlay that you so easily found on Google's search engine.
  13. AmericanWalkabout

AmericanWalkabout Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer:
    If you take a look at www.georgiaoffroad.com they do a pretty good job of listing all off road areas plus moto-x tracks plus whether they're open or not.
  14. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I know this site. I was wanting to put together some tracks for the parks, which I have done. I took those tracks out to your neck of the woods last weekend and started all that Windy Gap stuff on the DoGs forum going on at the moment.