1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines this year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

GEORGIA & The Caucasus. The Land of Greatness

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Cristian Predoi, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Cristian Predoi

Cristian Predoi n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Guys,

We are two Romanian bikers working for a motorcycle website. For two motorcycle websites, actually. :)

We're passionate about adventure-touring so we got ourselves a sponsor and we made it to the Caucasus region. In fact, our tour started in June and our route was: Moldova - Bulgaria - Turkey - Georgia - Armenia. In total: 8.500 km during three weeks.

Our bikes: BMW R 1200 GS and BMW R 1200 GS Adventure.

We made four short movies - one for each country. Here's the one for Georgia - a country that fascinated both of us. :)

2. v1nn1e

v1nn1e Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cristian, hi, great movie!

Georgia looks fabulous. I am hoping to ride there next year, all the way from the UK. I am planning to come to Romania and visit Sibiu to see where the Red Bull Romaniacs takes place, and then travel the Transfagarasan road, before travelling on to Bulgaria and then Istanbul. My plan is to take the Black Sea coast across Turkey to Georgia and then to do some of the roads in the North West, although at the moment I may only have a road bike, so will be limited to tarmac. I will then head on north across the Caucasus mountains and in to Russia.

Be great to hear any advice and information from you guys!

Cheers

Nigel
  3. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
    Georgia has some amazing scenery. Foarte frumos :thumb
  4. sharrrrrrad

sharrrrrrad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, I think I have watched almost all of your videos on Internet. Now even my family members recognize your voice. :D