Gettin' Cool in Alaska

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by legion, Oct 9, 2011.

1. sandgroper

sandgroper Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi
    thanks for the pictures, looks great
    ed
  2. Olaf

Olaf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR and nice pictures. Brings back a lot of memories, i spent the summer of 1984 in that area with my Uncle Henry after he had a stroke. If i remember right, his place was just down the road from the Fireside.

Olaf
  3. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Legion,
    Compared to darn near anyone, I'm still a NooB up here. Worked and lived at Chena HS back in the mid-80's when I was a wee lad, then moved away to travel the world. Always swore I would return. Met an old timer (he's older than me) in Iceland who was from AK. Upon his retirement from the service he moved back to AK and eventually landed in the Mad Zoo before it became as such. He invited me to visit and, on a number of occasions, I visited.

One of my first moto trips on a loaner cruiser was up to the little A-frame. I was in awe! Years later we picked a home just down the road from the A-frame. I'm still in awe every time I drive up. Jr gets rides up the hill in the back of the pickup for snowboarding season and will soon be dual-sporting up and over for his D2D training sessions. Even in his youthful exuberance where most kids don't pay attention to anything, he comments on how beautiful it is up there and how lucky we are to wake up to "our valley" every day.

My hope is that both he and his sister come back years from now and write something as meaningful and insightful as you have keyed upon these pages. Thank you. Bravo Zulu, my friend.
    J
  4. Beef

Beef Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories. Makes your ride report stand out from the crowd, so to speak. Nice pictures, too. :deal