Gettin' Dirty with the Wans: 8400 miles - UTBDR, KLIM rally, Canada, WABDR, OBDR +

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LittleWan, Aug 15, 2012.

1. notsofasteddie

notsofasteddie Semi Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    Well Kelly - it looks like they were just messin' with ya. Things look pretty good looking back through this one (at least so far). (Not a perfect transfer but most of your stuff looks to be working.)

I for one am very glad your and Matt's contributions (and everyone else's) are still around for us to enjoy! (Even the little bean guys...)
  2. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'm glad you used to enjoy the reports!
    But I don't know, Eddie... :hmmmmm Most of the stuff is working? I think it's an illusion...
    This particular report looks okay for the most part (linkies and smilies! yay!), but none of our other 8 or 9 Wan reports are available.
    All I get is an error message when trying to locate them, even when clicking on links via google.
    :cry

Hopefully the powers that be are still working out the kinks and everyone's old threads will show up eventually.

First impressions? Ugh - "Likes" :puke1:csm
    gregoblv, Bob and larryboy like this.
  3. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

I just liked that. Yes, your very first like is like, from me. :raabia
    Nixels likes this.
  4. notsofasteddie

Oddometer:
    I did a search (top of page) using you as the “Posted by” and found your old Summer of Stupid report.

http://www.advrider.com/index.php?t...es-of-2up-obcdr-cdt-tat-west-and-more.612129/

The search by posts limits the view to 200 posts (and you have like 2 million), but they do need to change that limit.

I realize that going to your profile and trying to find the threads you started comes up with zero results. I have to think they will get that part working soon.

The Google search method will probably work in a few days. I used to use it all the time too, because it worked so much better than the old ADV search engine. Google has to go out and find all the new stuff. For websites I've done Google will actually pick up the stuff in a day or two, but mine were just a dozen pages or so, not a monster like this thing.

Here's a comparison of the old link to Summer of Stupid with the new link:

OLD: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612129
    NEW:http://www.advrider.com/index.php?t...es-of-2up-obcdr-cdt-tat-west-and-more.612129/

The new link contains the title of the thread. (and the “index” part)

Hang in there Kelly. (Hey, they didn't even think it would be running until Monday.)
  5. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, notsofasteddie - that makes me feel better.
    So, old bookmarks (for previous threads) won't work any more because the links themselves have changed?

OK. very confusing, but I'm sure we'll all muddle through this. Thanks for the clarification!
    I'll wait a few days before trying to fix my signature.

larryboy - you like me, you really like me! :nomystery

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (wow, laura petrie was kind of insane, huh?) :rofl
    (thanks, bob!)
    gregoblv and oldtrucks like this.
  6. notsofasteddie

Oddometer:
    Correct, none of your old bookmarks for threads will work because the addresses (links / URL's) have all been changed. (The ADV home page link should still work, but that may be the only address that is the same).
  7. Rwelch360

Rwelch360 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, Crazy update! I haven't been online in a while, nor on this site. I hope all the previous reports get fixed. The Wan encyclopedia needs to stay intact!
    P.S. Matt and Kelly, I got a new job, Engineering Technician for a Minimally invasive surgical device company. Putting that degree to good use. :D
  8. notsofasteddie

Oddometer:
    And it looks like they have the old links now redirecting to the proper old reports, but to the first page. So, if you had page 18 saved as a Bookmark, now it will take you back to the first page. But it is finding the correct report/thread.
  9. gregoblv

gregoblv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am happy to say Little Wan did go back and fix her old reports and restore them to their greatness again. And I want to say a special thank you to her for doing so. I started reading her reports and Liking her posts, as we all should, and that started her on the massive task of repair. :gdog

LW you are a great person with a WANderful style and sense of humor. I enjoy your videos and look at all your linkies. :clap

I can only hope I have half the people read my rr's when I post them, probably more like 3 people, but I will say I learned what I could from the best and that is all I can do. :(

I have only the Summer of Stupid left and then you are going to have to have a new edition of the Wan Report for me to read. :dirtdog

I hope all is well and thank you for your hard work. :nod
  10. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, gregoblv!
    OK, I did it. It took almost 6 monkey-fighting months, but I finally fixed all 200 pages of our Wan ride reports. :knary
    No more messed up characters. All the videos and links should be working now.

Haha, nice try. :nono

The Summer of Stupid is fixed. My work here is done. I finally got my hand out of the toaster...
    I doubt you'll be seeing much of me in 2016! :lol3

I'm really glad you enjoyed the reports. Thank you.
    But I think it's up to you (and everyone else) to provide the RR content from now on. :deal

Happy Holidays!

and because this got stuck in my head while fixing the Summer of Stupid...

See? You guys aren't going to miss me after all.
    LW

:rofl
    gregoblv likes this.
  11. gregoblv

Oddometer:
    You are SOOOO wrong about you not being missed. :becca

Take care, ride often and most importantly HAVE FUN! :wave
    j2beers likes this.
  12. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Merry Christmas to you two.
    Are you getting in some snow riding?
  13. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas, Bob!
    I tried to reply to you this morning, but our power went out. Looks like it's back now. :D

Snow pics from today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt has been doing some snow riding, but not me. :vardy

Lica came down from BC and he and Matt and Bartek rode little bikes. Matt didn't shoot much footage, but Lica did.
    I'm sure Lica wouldn't mind me sharing his video. It starts with him following Matt in the snow.
    Then there's some trials bike stuff (Lica borrowed my bike), and it ends with Bartek swearing at a log. :jerko

After that, the guys went down to SoCal and met up with Radek and did some desert/dune riding.
    On big bikes.
    :ricky

OK, gotta get back to my last minute holiday crafting...
    kitty tarako outfits
    [​IMG]

:flug
    Watercat, dooby and gregoblv like this.
  14. gregoblv

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas to you all that are 'not' still following this report. And a special MC to you Kelly and Matt for giving us something special.
  15. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Did you your updates you posted end up being a final solution? I just raised by bars way up (2+ inches) and am concerned about the leverage on the bolt. Running stock super enduro clamps with 12.9 grade bolts and CJ's hard mount conversion kit that removed the rubber. Its very solid and the leverage is not on the threads.
  16. BigWan

BigWan The Cripple Maker

Oddometer:
    Hey Parx400,
    I can't say for certain that the bolts won't break again in the future, but I can tell you that I haven't had any problems at all since we made those changes. I recently removed some of my handlebar rise for a better feel and because of concern about the extra leverage the added rise was placing on those bolts. It sounds like your setup will work just fine. You might want to take a peek at those bolts once in a while just to be sure.
  17. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="LittleWan
    Lica came down from BC and he and Matt and Bartek rode little bikes...

After that, the guys went down to SoCal and met up with Radek and did some desert/dune riding.
    On big bikes.
    :ricky

[/QUOTE]

Here's the video "ride report" from the latest Oso meetup - Matt worked his ass off, compiling 120 gigs of video from 4 cameras...
    HD if you can, the dunes are amazing.

Wooo!
    I love it, those guys are so fun to watch!
    :wings

Happy New Year, everyone!
    :beer
  18. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Kelly, those guys you hang out with are OSO crazy but OSO fun to watch. Loved all the laughter as they waited for the next guy to crash. :lol3

Matt, thanks for taking the time to put this together it was fun to watch. There was so much good stuff in this. Riding into the sunset got me though, I kept tilting my screen to try and get a better view of it. :D

Thanks OSOs for the New Year's Eve entertainment.

Happy 2016 to all of you!:clap
  19. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey LB, you are OSO right!
    The OSO Sandy was awesome. Like watching Dakar with the Four OSO's racing team.
    Happy New Year!