Gettin' Sherman the Super Sherpa to his New Home

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DataDaddy, Jan 14, 2006.

1. DataDaddy

DataDaddy @ the new dad thing

Oddometer:
    Upon hearing of the liquid-filled, plastic sages decision, Ilmostro put forth the cry across all of Memphis. "Hear ye! Hear ye! DataDaddy cometh to Memphis, let there be merriment, food, and spirits!" :deal

komet, Scumshine, and DR950 were in :thumb Linzi, Ilmostro, and I climb into the toaster and head on over to Boscos, a brewpub, dinner-style joint...

We hung in the bar waiting for folks to arrive and for a table. komet did a drive by visit. I think he was working that night. The pager went off and they moved us from the bar into the general dining populace :evil

Appetizers were ordered and the pints were topped off... We were on our best behavior :deal

"I say ol' chap, what shall we eat this fine evening?"
    [​IMG]

Our waiter noticed me taking the over the shoulder pictures and offered to take some pictures of the whole group... sucker!!!

We all posed up in our best AdvPortrait mode... CHEEZZEE:D
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right: DataDaddy, Scumshine, Linzi, Ilmostro, DC950

The waiter was laughing at this point and so were we. I figured that we should get a good serious shot... "Hey, go ahead a take another one :thumb"

A serious AdvPortrait :deal
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right: Same disorder as above :lol3

Much better... :clap

Our waiter "Boscos" was a good guy...
    [​IMG]
    and a great sport.

Dinner was ordered and we all settled down to enjoy the evening in the fine dining establishment...

You can tell the good places... They don't have much gum under the table... :deal
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right: Linzi, Ilmostro, DC950 :D

Dinner arrives and the table gets quiet. I had a seared tuna roll that was breaded and fried :huh Saw it on the menu and knew it must be tried :deal (actually, I didn't notice the whole "breaded and fried" part :lol3)
    [​IMG]

Very, very good... Add one more item to the Great Southern List of Stuff You Can Fry

...like I said, thing quieted right down when dinner arrived
    [​IMG]

of course there was the whole "exploding Martini glass" deal. Linzi has those pictures...

Linzi enjoys her dessert
    [​IMG]

It was a great evening and I had fun meeting everyone. You know how there are certain events that are soooo great that people are motivated to get tattoos? Well, this didn't quite reach that level, so Ilmostro suggested something a little less permanent...
    [​IMG]

I don't think so Dave.... :nono I think my body hair may have been the critical factor in keeping me from freezing on the way up... You go ahead...

Now, before folks start in about a wasted evening and such... nothing of value accomplished... yada yada yada...

It was proved that night that a camera flash can distract a driver...
    [​IMG]

resulting in scared passengers...
    [​IMG]
    you can see that Linzi is bordering on hysterics...

It was almost Christmas, so that means...

Lights
    [​IMG]

and malls...

Stay tuned. Next episode, we'll go to the mall and dork around just long enough so I can ride home in the dark! :clap
  2. DataDaddy

Oddometer:
    Since I was in Memphis buying a bike for my wife, I figured that I better get her a "real" birthday present... I was told that a motorcycle did not represent a birthday or Christmas present in her book... :nono At least not yet, I am working on her :deal

The mess hall at Castle Starfish...
    [​IMG]

Apparently toasters are supposed to park together... Dave does his best impression :thumb
    [​IMG]

Ahh, Christmas at the mall...
    [​IMG]

It is a season for giving... It's not the gift that counts, but the thought. We thought about Rider :lol3
    [​IMG]

Hmmmmm....
    [​IMG]

In a tribute to 2BlackBelts, Ilmostro and I went looking for babes. We met these two... :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the mission accomplished, it was time to head back to Castle Starfish and then on home...

Took one last picture for a study in contrast...

Ilmostro and his tool box and fridge...
    [​IMG]

Mutineer's Fridge and toolbox...
    [​IMG]

No judgment here --- just different :deal

Headed home that evening, though I was offered an additional night's stay...thanks Dave and Linzi! :clap

38F at time of departure. It is funny how 10 degrees can make such a big difference... Great run home through the dark of Mississippi. Stayed on the main roads so as to have some assistance with the deer. The main square in Houston, MS was all decorated up for Christmas...

Nice lights
    [​IMG]

Self-portrait with the lights on my visor... ohhh.... ahhh....
    [​IMG]

A little supper and spirits to warm up after the ride.
    [​IMG]

The 2nd End...

Sherman is all tucked away in the garage with the other bikes... He is excited about going to the Farm for the Winter Ride in a couple of weeks (Feb 3-5)...

...now where is that website, Sherman might need a rack, and some boxes, and ... :lol3
  3. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    :clap
  4. DataDaddy

Oddometer:
    :ilmostro

...hopefully there is enough riding included as not to get kicked to Jo Momma...kinda on the edge :deal

:lol3