Getting into trials?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Sting32, Mar 22, 2010.

?

Can we VOTE for a Sticky?

1. Yes

2. Nah

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The jitse protectors are flimsy junk.Just call Stu at Jack's cycle and get a pair that will last for years.My 1st ones were jitse.They lasted 1 day and I snapped the bottom of the Left one off.Thin,briittle but they were pretty faux carbon fiber.They were a wasted 70 bucks.
    fprintf, StanBo and Norman Foley like this.
  3. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh they were ordered this morning. Thanks for the heads up on the book as well!
  4. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tryals Shop carries the good fork protectors. Tell Mike the aftermarket parts you want and he usually installs them, no extra labor cost when he sets your bike up for delivery.
    StanBo likes this.
  5. Harvey Krumpet

Harvey Krumpet Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cheers Junglejeff 1. You have just solved my Dad's Christmas present dilemma. Found the book in the UK, where he is, so free postage. Woo hoo.

Muchos Gracias.
    Norman Foley and StanBo like this.
  6. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is a pretty sweet service. All I have on my "build sheet" is the fork protectors. Priced the OEM levers so Jitsie will be purchased as spares lol. I had a number for the air filter and Mike had a better price. So I figure I will send him a list of stuff to box up and have for me when I drive up.

I do like working on my own bikes. Starts the relationship right....
    Yinzer Moto, 10K and Norman Foley like this.
  7. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quick adjusters on the levers are nice. So you don’t need to get tools out.

Aluminum bar ends are also recommended. I like the models where the right bar end does not rotate with the throttle.

A number plate that wraps around the upper fork tubes also helps protect the fork from damage.

I like quick adjusters on the carb air screw and idle but I don’t know how that works on a beta.

A 1 or 2 gallon fuel can that has an on/off button helps when filling these little tanks.
    Junglejeff1, jonnyc21 and StanBo like this.
  8. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most of the jitsie stuff I like(except there fork gaurds) especially my helmet.I ran there levers on my GG and they held up through many falls.I have read they broke easy but never had a issue.The non rotating bar ends can give your bike less chance of blowing your motor and they get scarred up fast.I am going to machine some out of delron as I have bent 2 sets of the aluminum ones which stuck the throttle 1 time.If you get the carb adjusters make sure the slide adjust one is a good fit as some are not machined right and undersized threads.Had that issue on one on my GG and again last week on my ktm.I don't know how they mess up such a simple part on a CNC.I always enjoy setting up a new bike and trials bikes are so cheap to set up compared to off-road and mx.The quick lever adjusters mentioned above are cool but honestly I never use them after set up.But they don't cost much and add bling so I always put them on lol.
  9. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 1st day I rode my trs I wish I had the wrap around number plate.I have a small scuff on a tube because I still had the stock headlight on.Put a small narf in the triple tree also.I just can't have nice things.
    Buschog and Norman Foley like this.