Getting out of Heat to Colorado

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Baby Tiger, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Baby Tiger

Baby Tiger n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi All

I am new to this list been on the Tiger List for awhile, riding Motorcycles off and on for the last 30 years. As my body tells me it is not going to do the stuff I've been doing. I have gotten back into throttle sports. At this time I ride a 00 Yellow Tiger (Baby Tiger) I thought I would post this and see if anybody's going to be around?

I am getting ready to pull Baby Tiger out of the garage from its 2 month Sleep from the Heat. (Our Winter Is About Over) Want to know if anybody's going to be in Denver Colorado? Getting there afternoon of September 8th for afternoon riding, be able to ride all day on 9th. Have to wwwooorrrkkk (hate that word) in Denver from 10th to 14th may and may not be able to ride that week. As Robert from Littleton CO. wants to ride. Will know more on that as those dates get nearer. On the 14th I am heading to Pagosa Springs Southwest Colorado which will be my base to play from. Where I plan of playing off road and lots of Wonderful Colorado and Southeastern Utah Mountain Twisties for 7 very cool days weather and riding before heading back to the hopefully cooled down Irving TX .

So if anybody's going to be around those areas contact me n.lamb@worldnet.att.net

Nelson
    00 Yellow Tiger (ready to get out and see how that 17t front sprocket works) :>)
    Irving TX.
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Nelson,

I just got back from Denver last night, but I'm gonna be there again for the week of the 10th (work). I'm going to try to get there on Saturday the 8th and have the 9th to play around on one of my boss's bikes. So...there is a possibility. Where are you gonna be? I'll be hanging in the Westminster/Boulder area.

Don't forget your raingear. Seems to rain every afternoon in the summer. Watched a killer t-storm on Tuesday...just spectacular.

fish
  3. Rob Z

Rob Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nelson,

Glad to see you back riding Baby Tiger. I'm still planning on going to the GA. event. Michael may be taking the ride with me. Once we are all back in town we need to plan on getting together.

Have a good trip to CO.

Fish,
    I don't think I've seen you miss and op. for a ride yet? Now you are borrowing your boss's bike, Cool. Where do I send my resume.

Rob Z.
    '01 Tiger (borg)
  4. Baby Tiger

Baby Tiger n00b

Oddometer:
    Fish
    I will be staying in the Golden CO. area about 10 miles southwest of you the way the crow flies or 30 miles driving. I am not sure what kind of bike you will be riding? BTW nice BOSS! But I know a few twisties out your way and not to far away some awesome dirt mountain switch backs. Some of the Tiger folks in that area may want to meet on the 10th but I have not heard anything from them. So I am moving on as there is lot of riding in Colorado and I can explore good roads and bad.
    BTW I will be the 6"4" guy that has the Electric Vest and Electric arm chaps on complaining how cold it is!. I will be happy to get out of this 100 degree stuff.

Nelson
    Yellow 00 Baby Tiger
    :rofl
  5. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Rob...you've never seen me! :)

You can send me your resume. What do you do?

fish
  6. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:

I dunno. Probably an XR600 or KDX something. Or a ZX9 or maaaaaybe his K12RS (don't get too happy, it's that ugly yeller checkerboard thing). Dunno.

I think I'm gonna buy an R100GSPD and keep it in Colorado.

Looks like my 10th trip has been postponed to 9/25. But...another one might just get scheduled next week. Gotta play it by ear. New jobs can be exciting. I'm lucky.

It's been in the 80's in denver.

fish
  7. Baby Tiger

Baby Tiger n00b

Oddometer:
    Fish

Play it by ear we can do! If not this time maybe another. I go to Colorado often. Take Baby Tiger at least 2 twice maybe 3 times. Someday I hope to get out your way as one of my dream trips is 101 from LA to Tacoma WA. Then on to Alaska. But thats a few years away.

Nelson
    00 Yellow Baby Tiger
    :cool: