Giant Loop Moto - Adventure Proof Packing Systems & Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 2, 2015.

1. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    Cool, I’ll order two then. Thanks
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  3. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. WYO George

Oddometer:
    @OlafofOregon I'm not sure if you have anything to do with order fulfillment or not, but I thought I'd let you know that I placed two separate orders this weekend (one last night and one Friday) and so it might save GL a few bucks to combine them instead of shipping out in two packages. It doesn't matter to me either way, just tossing it out there.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  5. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I’ll mention it to the guys who will be processing the orders.
    WYO George likes this.
  6. floalex

floalex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Olaf, Im in the process of buying a RTW with mounts (from your distributor in the Netherlands).

Because I haven’t decided on a luggage rack for my 790 adv yet, I wanted to ask if it’s possible to order the “GSA mount adapter” separately?

I’ll try to find a luggage rack that fits as narrow as possible to the bike and so I also consider racks with exhaust cut out like from Bumot.

A second question:
    Is it possible to use Velcro to attach the opening of the inner bag to the opening of the outer bag so that you just have to roll everything down once?
    Like Mosko is doing with their bags.

Thanks for your help!
    Best, Florian
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  7. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    The primary factor for Pannier Mounts compatibly is the tubing: 16-18mm round. We have not had the opportunity to confirm fitment on the Bumot racks, but if the offset of the exhaust is roughly the same as a BMW GSA rack, then the adapters should work. They may be purchase separately directly from us: email ride@giantloopmoto.com

Regarding the inner Dry Pods: this is a personal preference. We prefer to pull the liners out and leave the Panniers on the bike most of the time, so we don’t mind spending an extra ten seconds to roll the Dry Pod. In dry weather conditions we don’t even bother rolling them closed - or we pack them on the bottom of the Pannier and only use them when needed. To my knowledge, we have not received requests from customers for this feature.

Thanks for choosing Giant Loop for your adventures!
    floalex likes this.
  8. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
  9. floalex

floalex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the passion in making great products!

Regarding the adapter, I just ordered the mounts with the adapter. And if I choose a rack without offset I’ll just remove the adapter.

Thanks for your help!
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  10. WYO George

Oddometer:
    Just a note to say they combined them and refunded my shipping on the first order which I wasn’t expecting, but do appreciate. That’s top notch customer service! Thank-you
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  11. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
  12. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Great Basin Saddlebag is sold out and on back order until January. Our stock is dwindling - if you want a particular item or color, grab it now or you may have to wait weeks or months.

The Great Basin Saddlebag is the most universal fitting option - compatible with virtually every motorcycle designed to carry a passenger. Sport bike, naked, scrambler, dual sport adventure, standard - if you're willing to give up the passenger seat, this is the go-to rackless saddlebag solution, in continuous production since 2009 - and updated and improved every couple seasons since then. Much imitated, but never replicated. https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/great-basin-saddlebag-roll-top/

Check with our authorized dealers to order one now!

[​IMG]
    photo: Jim Bean
    floalex and WYO George like this.
  13. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does the new design integrate with Pannier Pockets?
  14. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    For the first years of their epic journey, the Two Wheel Nomads (photographer Jason Spafford and model/rider Lisa Morris) traveled HEAVY on big bikes piled with bulky luggage and gear. For the final part of their moto journey, they contacted Giant Loop, and we helped them LOSE WEIGHT by equipping their bikes with our rackless Great Basin Saddlebag and adventure proof packing system - Possibles Pouches strapped to Saddlebag legs as external waterproof pockets, Tillamook Dry Bag, Fandango Tank Bag, etc.

This 2020 calendar commemorates their trip - and GL gear makes an appearance:

ORDER here: https://www.fluidic.co.uk/c/5995/four-wheeled-nomad

Motorcycle Odyssey 2020 Calendar
    A calendar that encapsulates 80,000 miles from Argentina to Alaska and over four years in the making - unearths some of the planet’s most incredible wildernesses by adventure motorcycling. A3, A4 and A5 sizes in spiral wall and desk versions. Printed on 160gsm Premium Satin Arctic White to keep your schedule beautifully organised. Shipping worldwide.

IMG_0450.png
    IMG_0449.png
    NSFW and WYO George like this.
  15. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Good question! Yes, the Panniers Pockets are designed to work independently, so you can use them in combination with the Buckin' Roll Tank Bag. No, they do not integrate in the harness like our Diablo Tank Bag and Fandango Tank Bag.
    Tiger993 likes this.
  16. radmann10

radmann10 Derf Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone strap a 6L Desert Fox fuel bag to their GL Coyote, if so, how, and did it work? Full of fuel we are looking at about 10 lbs right?
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  17. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    No idea. But the 2-gallon Gas Bag straps to the Coyote Saddlebag no problem. Aaron Steinmann has packed his Gas Bag with the Coyote Saddlebag across continents.

IMG_9539.jpg
  18. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    WYO George likes this.
  19. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    WYO George likes this.
  20. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM GIANT LOOP!
    https://conta.cc/368P3Tq

Sale going now, and starting Monday even bigger savings on genuine Giant Loop expedition equipment for extreme adventures on Planet Earth.

[​IMG]
    WYO George likes this.