Giant Loop Moto - Adventure Proof Packing Systems & Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 2, 2015.

1. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you guys going to stock back up on the vacuum packed spare tubes?....love those
    OlafofOregon and STLR like this.
  3. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    We’re not going to continue stocking tools, camping gear, etc. in 2020, so we can focus our precious limited resources on Giant Loop products. What’s in stock now is what’s available - looks like we have some 19” and 17” remaining at 20% off: https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/irc-tubes/
    STLR likes this.
  4. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    “This Is Moto” movie at Garage Night last night. We host Garage Night every third Wednesday at the Giant Loop Adventure Shop in Bend, Oregon. Join us!

IMG_0662.jpg
    JMo (& piglet) and WYO George like this.
  5. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    That is a really good idea! - I'd not thought of vacuum packing tubes, but what a great way to help condense and protect them.

Jx
    levain likes this.
  6. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    YELLOW is gone, and the last of the WHITE Coyote Saddlebags will be gone soon! Get one before they go away: https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/coyote-saddlebag-2/

For 2020, we're focusing on our three top selling colors: Black, Orange, Gray. But we love the WHITE - it looks sharp on almost every color bike, and it reflects more of the sun's heat in the summertime.

[​IMG]
    JMo (& piglet) and WYO George like this.
  7. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    Hmm..maybe I need a spare...
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  8. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Who’s got big riding plans for 2020? Let’s hear about your adventures with GL gear!

Looks like I’m headed to the Himalaya to ride a Royal Enfield to Everest base camp with a group of Aussies this fall!

Adjustments.jpg
  9. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Last of the YELLOW and WHITE Fandango Tank Bags are still available! https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/fandango-tank-bag-3/

For 2020, we're dropping these colorways from our line, so this is the last production - then they're gone. Quickest, easiest access to fuel fill of any motorcycle tank bag - and because we're riders ourselves, our designs don't intrude into the rider zone. No metal buckles in the knees. Bag doesn't extend into crotch when standing on the pegs or sitting down. And it's not trying to be everything to everyone - simply performs its mission and does it extremely well. No fiddly, fussy whatnots and do-dads. That's just not our style. Go light. Go fast. Go far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    I agree - the white looks great!

[​IMG]

...and also works well with pretty much every side panel on enduro/dual-sport bikes too of course!

Jenny x
    OlafofOregon and WYO George like this.
  11. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:

i tried vacuum sealing tubes a few years back with no success, seems they just became un sealed in short order.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  12. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Carrie Barton’s Tour of Idaho bike. Barton became the first woman to successfully complete the grueling Tour of Idaho single track challenge last summer.

MoJavi Saddlebag and Gas Bag
    IMG_0521.jpg

Footmans Loops Anchor Kit
    IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
  13. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    First rip on the snow bike this season! Onboard: Snow Bushwackers Hand Guards, Snow Zigzag Handlebar Bag, Revelstoke Tunnel Bag, 3-gal Gas Bag, Snow Fender/number Plate Bag, Snow Possibles Pouch - and new Buckin’ Roll Tank Bag and Pronghorn Straps.

https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product-category/giant-loop-snow/

IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_4472.jpg
    IMG_4482.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    vt wingman likes this.
  14. Cycle_Path

Cycle_Path Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey GL,
    Ever since selling my 500 exc I miss having a spot on my beta to have a grab handle but I have one of your heat shields. So got to thinking....
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/enduro-engineering-ktm-grab-handle-p

how hard would it be to make a heat shield that incorporates a build in grab handle like above? Might need to form it into a "u" shape to wrap around the muffler. I just know several times now I went to grab that spot while riding and had one of those "oh shit" moments.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  15. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Our Lift Strap can probably mount on the Beta?
    https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/giant-loop-lift-strap/

Try it out and let us know!
    Cycle_Path likes this.
  16. Cycle_Path

Cycle_Path Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup got that one already in front. I was hoping for something on the rear area specifically around the muffler as that always seems to have the best leverage. Plus I ride nasty crap that often requires
    Heaving the bike out of tuff spots haha
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  17. vt wingman

vt wingman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s got to be a blast! I’m sure I need one!
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  18. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    The mufflers generate such high temps that it would be difficult to attach anything that wouldn't either melt or transfer the heat. Plus, exhaust systems aren't design to bear the weight of lifting the bike - I would be concerned about overloading the exhaust hangers trying to lift the bike by the exhaust. I'll try to look at a Beta more closely next time I have the chance. Post up photos of the tail of your bike!
  19. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Our production manager just told me that January 24 will have to be our cutoff date for fast shipping pre-orders of our new Buckin' Roll Tank Bag. To get yours a month early - and save 20% - order by Friday!

https://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/buckin-roll-tank-bag-2020/

In our testing, all reports are 1+ on the new Buckin' Roll Tank Bag. Never in the way, waterproof, easy fuel access - it's the tank bag for people who think they don't like tank bags!

[​IMG]
  20. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Big thanks to world traveler Paolo Cattaneo for managing our Facebook and Instagram channels for Giant Loop! If you’re a social media user, please Like, Follow and Share - it’s a big help, because we’ve always had more great ideas than money to throw at marketing. Find us by searching @giantloopmoto !

IMG_0751.jpg