1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Giant Loop Moto - Adventure Proof Packing Systems & Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 2, 2015.

1. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Our Siskiyou Panniers waterproof soft luggage combines the convenience of hard panniers with all of Giant Loop’s performance advantages. Rugged, rackless, lightweight and stable.

Tested on real adventures.

#golightgofastgofar
    #giantloop

IMG_0939.jpg
  2. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Thank you ADV Pulse for highlighting the new 2020 Buckin' Roll Tank Bag by Giant Loop!

“Giant Loop's new minimalist waterproof tank bag keeps your essentials handy yet stays completely out of the way, even when riding technical trails. They say it's the tank bag for those who think they don't like tank bags. Follow the link to check it out.”
    https://www.advpulse.com/adv-products/giant-loop-buckin-roll-tank-bag/

Pre-order now and save 20%, plus get early delivery!
    cmbthumper likes this.
  3. cmbthumper

cmbthumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pre-ordered mine. Hate tail bags and tank bags. Look forward in trying to change my mind.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  4. HELLRZR

HELLRZR n00b

Oddometer:
    Just preordered mine as well! Hoping it works out on a DRZ400 with the Safari 7+ gallon tank.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  5. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Because of the steep seat/tank angle it will tip back toward you more than on bikes with flat fronts - but it will not be in the way.

We’re hoping to ship first production by mid-March. Thanks for choosing Giant Loop for your adventures!
    cmbthumper and HELLRZR like this.
  6. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
  7. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    WIN FREE GIANT LOOP GEAR! Win A Giant Loop Gas Bag or Zig Zag Bag. 9000 Subs Thank You Giveaway!

cmbthumper likes this.
  8. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    I love my Siskiyou's on my 1090 but those seem to be hanging real lo . Am I wrong? Any more pics?
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  9. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Good eyes! I believe this rider modified the Siskiyou Panniers and has them mounted on side luggage racks.

If you don’t already have racks, there’s no need on the KTM 1190/1090/1290/790 - just use our Spacer Kit to remove the grab handles for a super tight and tidy installation!

https://www.giantloopmoto.com/produ...passenger-handle-removal-spacer-kit-set-of-4/

Post pics of your bike!
  10. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    My set up is high and tight already without grab handles and with the wings exhaust. Just curious how he got the weight low. Racks makes sense but I don't want racks. TIght and tidy is most important for me.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  11. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    20190621_171044_IMG_2088.JPG 20190621_171113_IMG_2089.JPG
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  12. Sootgrinder

Sootgrinder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In your february special a page back it says you get a free lift strap on orders over $75. Is it all automatic? I saw nothing of it online when I placed my order ( order number 29465)
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  13. ddarter

ddarter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    + 1
    Ordered buck n roll and seal a spare tube
    Order# 29461
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  14. Pete Behn

Pete Behn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awww. I was hoping for the end of February for pre-orders. I can't wait to try it out.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  15. Pete Behn

Pete Behn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good question. I'm interested in knowing too.
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  16. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    There are two steps when we process orders online. Your order was received on our website late in the day, so it will be processed tomorrow. When we process the order, we add the free lift strap to qualifying orders, and you will get another email showing this when the order is processed. Thanks for your order!
  17. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    I checked, and your order is in our system, and the lift strap is added. We're doing the add-on manually, because it was too complicated trying to make it work automagically. You should get a second email confirming the total order.

The corona virus scare caused our shipping date to shift to March 10 - but all pre-orders are being shipped to us via air freight, and we will turn them around as soon as they are received here at our warehouse. Thanks for your order!
    Pete Behn likes this.
  18. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
  19. Sootgrinder

Sootgrinder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tremendous! Thanks a bunch. I'm excited to try the new buck n roll tank bag. I really like the GL tank bags I have, but the smaller size will be more better for the dirt bikes.
    Soot
    OlafofOregon likes this.
  20. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to give a shout out to GL for standing behind their warranty. I wrote them the note below and they went out of their way to assure me the bag would be replaced - and even in my preferred yellow color!

Hello,

I've had my Diablo tank bag for a bit over 5 years and it's been perched atop my DR650 for adventures all over Alaska, Canada and the lower 48. The bag has been well loved, used as intended but not abused. Sometime during my recent ride from Alaska to Nevada and back, the clear vinyl started to tear at a stitching seam in one corner (photo attached). I really love the Diablo, it's exactly the right size and I'll buy another if I have to, but given the vinyl gave way exactly on the stitch line (between the needle holes), I'm hoping you'll consider replacing or repairing it under warranty.

Thank you (both for considering my request and for making a fantastic tank bag!)

Tom Simes

BTW, this bag has seen the Dalton highway to Deadhorse, the Dempster to Inuvik, many trips over the Denali highway, multiple bun burner 1000 rides and just got back from a 6,591 mile trip to Burning Man (just to mention a few of it's accumulated adventures):

IMG_20190906_135501.jpg