1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Giant Loop Moto - Adventure Proof Packing Systems & Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 2, 2015.

1. slashfive

slashfive moto celeritas

Oddometer:
    specifically looking for some info on the tank bag setup on an airhead (already using the Great Basin !)

any pics on mounting would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. kenbob

kenbob Gnarly GnOOb

Oddometer:
    Beverly Hills, Mt -swimmin pools,movie stars
    The GL tank bag is an outstanding fit on my PD tank R 80 g/s .

[​IMG]

I know its not period correct - but it just stays right there and fits very well .

Both bags actually - On this R80 I have both seats and use the double seat when using the Great Basin - just lifts it a little higher and makes tying it down a fuzz bit easier .

Kudos to Harold and the crew at Giant Loop - good stuff !
  3. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully you've been following Lyndon Poskitt's "Races to Places" adventures - traveling around the world and rally racing on the same bike he travels on. In this excellent video, Lyndon (ADV handle Pyndon) provides a first hand account of the rally racing experience. Notice that he RACES with the Fandango Tank Bag on his KTM 690 Enduro, illustrating the slim, trim, unobtrusive, rugged and stable qualities of Giant Loop's tank bag design. Go light, go fast, go far Mr. Pyndon!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VQiqxbKxCR4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Congratulations to Mikkel "Mike" Foged Thomsen (owner of Motolombia Motorcycle Tours & Rentals in Colombia) for finishing the 2015 Intercontinental Rally, racing a KTM 690 Enduro with Rally Raid EVO kit and Giant Loop's MoJavi Saddlebag. 14 days of grueling racing from Spain to Dakar through the Sahara!:clap

[​IMG]
  5. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    STAFF MoJavi Saddlebag looking sharp on the Southern California Mountains Foundation volunteer bike! Thanks for your service to the motorcycle community.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PM me here for info about our STAFF MoJavi Saddlebag program for groups and organizations.
  6. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    "Best snow bike hand guards ever" writes GL customer Drew. Time to add some Bushwackers Hand Guards to your winter riding kit!

[​IMG]
  7. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I was just going to order a Fandango Pro and noticed you non longer offer the free waterproof inner bag. Was that just a special promotion?

Sent from Tapatalk
  8. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Thank you for asking before walking away! Yes, we do include a Tank Bag Dry Pod with the Fandango Pro - we add the Tank Bag Dry Pod to every Tank Bag purchased on our site. It doesn't show up as a separate item on your order.

The Tank Bag Dry Pod is brand new for this season - it has never been available or included before - BUT on our website we're offering a free Tank Bag Dry Pod. You'll see a mention of that right next to the Buy Now button.

All of our Fandango/Diablo Tank Bags include a free Tank Bag Dry Pod - and the new Kiger Tank Bag has its own slightly larger version included with it.
  9. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Check out the Fandango Pro Tank Bag on the back of Clutched Film's sled! These guys have been hammering our gear shooting video all winter long, and our Moto tank bag is one of Cale's (rider in the photo) faves: "awesome bags and storage solutions that can take some serious punishment!"

[​IMG]
  10. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Bad gas? Here's a tip from our friend Dave in Cambodia:

"Fuelling up Cambodia style: Unzip Fandango tank bag one side, flip it over, unscrew fuel cap. Pour in fuel from 2 liter soda bottles after you have scientifically tested the fuel's octane level. How is this field tested you ask?
    Remove glove. Dip index finger into neck of bottle, saturating finger. Remove from bottle, holding digit upright and still. Begin counting seconds. If fuel evaporates leaving finger dry in 3 to 5 seconds, your high compression motor will be happy to consume this fuel. 5 to 8 seconds and your bike will run, but not great. Over 10 seconds and your finger is still wet, pour at your peril. The gas has been cut with diesel or kerosene and will gum your carb and valves.
    This system has not yet been approved for FI systems. No guarantees expressed or implied. Happy Trails."

[​IMG]
  11. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Giant Loop's new Tracker Packer holster for the SPOT Gen3 just won a 2015 "Nifty 50" Best New Products award from Powersports Business! Developing the Tracker Packer was a true passion project for Giant Loop, Quinn Cody and the Kurt Caselli Foundation, and we are honored to have the Tracker Packer selected by the editors at PSB and its sister consumer magazines, who review huge numbers of products from throughout powersports to select the very best.

[​IMG]
  13. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

sweet.

sometime this spring, we will get to ride to work (in the forest).

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968235
  14. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Good on you guys for organizing a volunteer cleanup event. This is what we want other user groups to see: motorcyclists care about the areas where they ride. Building bridges and finding the common ground among outdoor user groups is critical to the survival of off-road riding opportunities nationwide. Thank you! :1drink

15. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Just posted up a short ride report on last weekend's exploration in the high desert southeast of Bend. Perfect weather, riding conditions and riding companions! Ride report here.

[​IMG]
  16. Troy_V

Troy_V Ace

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

I'm debating between the Diablo and Fandango tank bags for my 1st Gen KLR. I read somewhere on the interwebs that the tankbag harness was changed to allow the wider KLR fuel cap to fit within the harness opening. (Previously, people were cutting the harness to make room for the fuel cap). Everywhere I look to purchase one of the GL tank bags, there is no option to specify a KLR-centric harness. By chance, are all harnesses for these two tank bags KLR-compatible now? If not, how do I get the harness with the right-sized cut-out for the KLR?

Finally, any thoughts or opinions between the Fandango and Diablo for a KLR? I have a stock tank, but slightly raised bars (up and back a bit via Rox risers). I'm currently leaning toward the Diablo simply because in photos the Fandango appears to be a bit too tall for the bike.
  17. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does the fandango pro come with the inner bag if we order from someone like revzilla? Have some credit point things with them and they have free shipping...
  18. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Hi Troy -

Thanks for the question! I hope you can spread the word about this, because much of the information floating around on ADV Rider and elsewhere is several years out of date. We move fast at GL, and we're continually improving our designs and introducing new ones. Any information more than a year old should be assumed to be outdated and a quick double-check on our website or asking here avoids confusion.

We changed the cut-out size on our Fandango/Diablo/Kiger Tank Bag Harness several seasons ago, and it fits the KLR's fuel fill just fine, no modifications needed. Here's a pic of the Fandango on a KLR:

[​IMG]

Both the Fandango and Diablo Tank Bags will fit just fine, so choosing between them is a matter of rider preference. I really like the combination of the Diablo Tank Bag plus Pannier Pockets - it gives me as much space as the Fandango, but organizes gear into three compartments and distributes the weigh farther forward on the bike via the Pannier Pockets, which are completely out of the way.

In fact, if you like a more minimalist approach, consider the Zigzag Handlebar Bag plus the Pannier Pockets alone.

Post up some pics of the set-up you choose, so other KLR riders can see the fit!

Thanks again,
    Harold

19. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Hey Spaceman! We're including the new GL Tank Bag Dry Pod as a promotion on our website only. Here's a promo code for free USA shipping: GLSHIP

Thanks for riding with Giant Loop,
    Harold
  20. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good deal to me!
    Order placed
    Thanks!