Giant Loop Moto - Adventure Proof Packing Systems & Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 2, 2015.

1. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    GL Rider Jaume Von Arend from Spain on a new Ducati Multistrada Enduro with Siskiyou Panniers: "Already in the hotel of saint dalmas du tende waiting to Miguel Checa,Isaac Feliu, Pere Font and the rest of the group.
    In Theory today I had a boring stage of 700 km from the motorway but I woke up early and I was so good in the ducatona that I haven't been able to resist the temptation to go to the canyon of verdon. Impressive.
    Then I've been linking carreteritas and ports one after another... What good is this bike for asphalt and as changes with wheels more asphalt!!
    At the end so to what a fool I've been stuck for almost 1000 km!!... And that's hot!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    We love hearing from our happy customers from all over the world! Here's a new one from New Zealand:

Hi guys

I just wanted to send a quick email to say thanks for designing and making such a great product. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand and ride a KTM1190 Adventure R. About a month ago I went on a 4 day ride using your Coyote Saddle bag – this bag is simply awesome. I followed the instructions I found on your website regarding moving the passenger handles and replacing them with a spacer and they worked perfectly. The bag sits so nice and tight on the bike, it did not move at all and felt really secure. I’ve always preferred soft luggage, but with other systems I felt that I was constantly checking to see if it was still on the bike and hadn’t come loose, with the giant loop coyote I didn’t have to worry about whether the gear was coming loose or worse – falling off completely. It didn’t rain whilst we were away but I have no doubts about the water tightness of this system.

I’ve attached a pic – its not the best pic but you’re a free to use if it you wish. This pic was taken on the west coast of the south island of New Zealand.

Thanks again for making such a quality product – I’ll definitely be recommending this to others and can’t wait to get out and use it again.

Regards,

Brendan D
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    The Giant Loop Lift Strap securely attaches to the fork tubes and tail of dirt bikes and dual sport motorcycles – as well as snow bikes! – providing a sturdy grab handle to help tug, pull or lift the motorcycle through those tough spots on the trail when you need a little boost over an obstacle or out of mud hole. Constructed of durable nylon webbing and a comfortable molded rubber handle, the Giant Loop Lift Strap also makes an excellent carry handle for motorcycle panniers and hard luggage. The Giant Loop Lift Strap and Giant Loop Tow Strap are must-haves for your adventure touring motorcycle safety kit: Simple tools that can make big problems much easier to manage. https://giantloopmoto.com/product/giant-loop-lift-strap/
  4. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nate's maiden voyage on his new 2015 Honda CB500X - soon to be a Rally Raid Products Adventure (Engine Guard installed and waiting on Level 3 Kit and parts)!

"I decided against going all the way to Joseph and instead did a big loop through John Day. Below are some photos."

https://goo.gl/photos/k9Q54ujm6Z6FTUFN7

"The bike was awesome and the Great Basin Saddlebag was perfect."

Nate also has the Fandango Tank Bag, which he has used on his Yamaha XT250.

[​IMG]
  5. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    More happy Giant Loop customers!

Our Baja trip was the best vacation I have ever taken. Just two guys on Honda XR650L’s riding from San Diego to Cabo and back. We did 2,200 miles over nine days. The Coyote saddle bags functioned amazingly and were able to carry everything we needed to camp and live for the entire trip. The bags carry weight well and did not noticeably affect how the bike handled. The boa straps were extremely useful and were perfect for carrying a quart of oil or a bottle of tequila.

The trip got better and better every day. We spent one night in a palapa on the beach in San Felipe. We hit 95mph on the salt flats going to scorpion bay (the XR wouldn’t go any faster). We rode with the Dessert Assassins Rip to Cabo on a rough section of trail into La Paz. We partied with playboy models in Cabo. We camped deep in the sand dunes outside of Guerrero Negro. We got lost trying cross the desert at night. And finally made it back to San Diego without any major issues and some great memories.
    Feel free to share any of this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in the Alps! Jaume Von Arend riding with Giant Loop's importer in Spain, Isaac Feliu from Twin Trail. Jaume has mounted the Siskiyou Panniers on the new Ducati Multistrada Enduro.
    [​IMG]
  8. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Giant Loop in Greece! Peet and Janny, Dutch dual sport riders with Great Basin Saddlebag and Fandango Pro Tank Bag on one bike, Siskiyou Panniers and Fandango Pro Tank Bag on the other.
    [​IMG]
  10. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    NEW! Footmans Loop Anchor Kit
    [​IMG]
    Giant Loop's new Footmans Loop Anchor Kit is like an ultra-light tail rack for your enduro or dual sport motorcycle!
    Giant Loop's new Footmans Loop Anchor Kit is a simple, affordable, universal way to add solid anchor points for webbing straps to motorcycles, snow bikes, snowmobiles, ATVs, UTVs and 4x4s. Giant Loop’s Footmans Loop Anchor Kit is especially handy for creating lash points to secure our MoJavi Saddlebag and Coyote Saddlebag to late model KTM EXCs, Husqvarna FEs and other dual sport and dirt bikes that use an under fender support that prevents the fender hooks on our Saddlebags from from getting a good purchase on the fender edge.

Giant Loop’s Footmans Loop Anchor Kit includes 2 anodized black footmans loops, 4 flat washers, 4 locking nuts (8mm) and 4 aluminum M5x20mm button head bolts (3mm allen).

Check out the Footmans Loop Anchor Kit

And for alternatives to fender hooks, check out this tech tip blog post!

[​IMG]
    Each Footmans Loop Anchor Kit contains the following: 2 – 1.5″ black anodized Footmans Loop anchors 4 washers 4 aluminum button head bolts M5x20mm button head bolts (3mm allen) 4 locking nuts (8mm)
  11. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Seat Concepts for the pic of our Kiger Tank Bag on the new Honda Africa Twin - looks like a perfect fit!
    [​IMG]
  12. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks KLiM for sharing this sweet pic of Giant Loop's Limited Edition Blue MoJavi Saddlebag on the Husqvarna FE 501 #golightgofastgofar

[​IMG]

14. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Siskiyou Panniers on Triumph Tiger 800. The huge passenger handles and little structure on the non- exhaust side make this a less-than-perfect fit, but this rider has logged many miles with them. Often a trip to the hardware store offers a simple inexpensive alternative to installing racks: on GL's BMW F800 GS we've bolted an angle bracket to the tail rack to help keep the Panniers better supported on the non-exhaust side. The exhaust itself provides support, as our Hot Springs Heat Shields (two included with Panniers) are so effective that GL gear can be rest on the properly installed Heat Shields without heat being an issue. https://giantloopmoto.com/product/siskiyou-panniers/

16. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you ride this past weekend? Post up some pics!!!!!
  18. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    NEW! Gas Bag Fuel Safe Bladder Kit
    You can now purchase the Fast Funnel Professional Disposable Fuel Funnel as part of the Gas Bag Fuel Safe Bladder Kit to keep things clean and simple when fueling up between pit stops. The Fast Funnels are a new addition to our line, coming in a pack of three, disposable, folded, paper funnels. They work perfectly with our Fuel Safe Bladder which holds a gallon of gas in a small, pillowed pouch that can be easily stored after use while taking up minimal space. Now available as the Gas Bag Fuel Safe Bladder Kit, which includes 2 sets of Giant Loop’s adventure proof 26″ Pronghorn Straps plus a 3-Pack of Fast Funnel Professional Disposable Fuel Funnels.

Fast Funnel Professional Disposable Fuel Funnel
    Gas Bag Fuel Safe Bladder
    Pronghorn Straps
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    sled_rider and dragos like this.
  20. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer

Oddometer:
    This customer stopped by the Giant Loop showroom in Bend, Oregon because his KTM tank bag was shot, zippers blown and he wanted the Limited Edition Orange Kiger Tank Bag on his KTM 1190 Adventure. Go Light. Go Fast. Go Far. Go Zipperless. Kiger Tank Bag. Made in USA. Ridden worldwide. https://giantloopmoto.com/product/kiger-tank-bag/

[​IMG]