Gillam, Manitoba

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BDMF, Jan 27, 2005.

1. BDMF

BDMF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody been on the road from Thompson to Gillam recently? What kind of condition is it in? Any thoughts? Any input? Any Photo's?

Thanks!
  2. BFD

BFD Jackalope Molestor

Oddometer:
    Quit worrying about road conditions, you pussy. It doesn't matter if there are sinkholes filled with white-hot molten magma, packs of rabid wolverines, or sexually-confused Deliverance-style locals. We're still making this trip.
  3. BDMF

BDMF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sexually confused Deliverance -style locals is your department, not mine. I thought your avatar was a pig?

(Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!!)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

4. BFD

BFD Jackalope Molestor

Oddometer:
    You swine. You'll pay for your insolence!

Just remember, there will be plenty of opportunity to dispose of your rank, little, carcass along that road, should you have an "accident". :wink:
  5. BFD

BFD Jackalope Molestor

Oddometer:
    Nice going, jackass. You scared everyone away from this thread.
  6. BDMF

BDMF Adventurer

Oddometer:

Now now now....We BOTH know from experience that one of us ALWAYS crashes. Let see, which one of us is it agian??

Oh yeah....IT's YOU! :lol3

Lets see, there was the ditch incident, the Cabot Trail incident (you chickenshit bastard), the KLR lowside incident, the SV lowside (although that was not really your fault...Hardley riders are exempt from obeying stop signs here in 'merca!)

Yep, guess I better pack a shovel. A big one at that. Damn coyotes dug up the last body i buried in the woods!
    Remind me to extend my condolances to your soon to be unattached significant other before we leave. :lol3
  7. Gaulin

Gaulin Orange (& Blue) Crush

Oddometer:
    Take a look here: http://tgs.gov.mb.ca/roadinfo/default.asp?varLanguage=English , Choose #4 for area and click on interactive map. Right now it shows snow packed and poor driving conditions, as would be expected this time of year. I don't have any first hand knowledge of these roads as I'm in Winnipeg. You guys aren't doing this on bikes any time soon are you ?? :eek1 It's hovering around -5ºF (-20ºC) out there right now which is balmy for this time of year.

Here's another link you'll find handy: http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/canada/index_e.html?id=MB

Glenn
  8. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Just another spoke.....

Oddometer:
    Land of the flat and home of the corn...Central IL
    Gaulin has a good point, bit nippy up there now. I'm not even that crazy, I'm waiting until summer! Once things thaw out a bit then I'm hoping to spend a few days knocking around Lynn Lake and Gillam, maybe take the train up to Churchill for a few days too...
  9. Mr Kawasaki

Mr Kawasaki Sardonios Irritatus

Oddometer:
    God bless you poor misguided Canadian bastards!!!! :lol3 :beer :kbasa

[​IMG]
  10. BDMF

BDMF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The trip is scheduled for August, so I don't think we'll be too worried about snow/ice.

Thanks for the links, got some great information.

I would like to see some polar bears (from a distance preferably) while we're in the area, but August seems to be the low season for such things. Anybody have a good idea (or a bad one for that matter....) on how I can justify tying porkchops to my riding buddy? I figure the raw meat should draw in the wildlife! :lol3
  11. BFD

BFD Jackalope Molestor

Oddometer:
    You sick bastard. Why is it, that every trip we take, you always end up chasing me with your meat?
  12. BDMF

BDMF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There are just SOOOO MANY things wrong with that statement! :rofl :rofl :rofl
  13. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Just another spoke.....

Oddometer:
    Land of the flat and home of the corn...Central IL
    When he's not looking, try sticking the chop on top of his cat (if he has a GS):evil, wouldn't want the bear getting food poisoning from bad pork!

I was told that camping isn't recomended in Churchill even in late summer because the bears don't have any pack ice to hang out on and come inland looking for food (tourists).
  14. dbw

dbw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a year round gravel road to a large Manitoba Hydro dam complex. Should be okay even for cars with good tires. Quite aways between gas stops.