Give Me A Sanity Check -- KDX200

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by Canuman, Aug 15, 2012.

1. judobiker

judobiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put the full FMF exhaust, removed the snorkel, and Boysen reeds on my 2001. I never could get the jetting right to make me happy. As a last ditch effort, I went back to the Kawi reeds, and got it jetted right with no trouble. Now it revs out good and lugs good too. I can't imagine really needing a fly wheel weight once a KDX is dialed in right.
  2. AtomicGeo

AtomicGeo a lo macho

Oddometer:
    +1

KDX no need for FWW, especially the 220.
    KX FWW does make a big difference.
  3. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    Started to strap on the dual-sport kit today. I visited Evs, my Manic Mechanic. He reached in a filing cabinet and pulled out a black box he and his compatriot cooked up for another KDX, which got crunched before the unit was put to use. The box makes clean 12v dc from the lighting stator, and will keep the 12v ni-cad pack topped up. If I can eliminate the stock tail light and make all other lights LED, I can probably keep the stock stator and still have fairly good headlight output.

If there's interest, Evs has offered to sketch up a schematic for this electrical wonder.

I know there are other solutions to the problem, but this seems rather well thought-out.
  4. AtomicGeo

AtomicGeo a lo macho

Oddometer:
    Interested :ear...I run a stand-alone battery on my KDX but it doesn't stay charged for long.