GKL MotoLED's on an F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by PhilSpace, Dec 27, 2008.

1. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I was looking for some extra brake lights in the rear and came across these. Install was pretty simple and they work - great during the day and bitching at night. Brighter than the stock turning signals. Tried to do this with a picture - no dice so you guys are stuck with a movie.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NDQzNjIwNTI4Jms9UzJEYWYmYT01ODg2MTI2XzhUb3VIJnU9cGhpbHNwYWNl" /><embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NDQzNjIwNTI4Jms9UzJEYWYmYT01ODg2MTI2XzhUb3VIJnU9cGhpbHNwYWNl" width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
  2. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where do I get them?
    What do they cost?
    How long to install?
    Plug and Play? Or do you have to tap or cut wires?
  3. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I got them at F800depot.com - they are are pricey. Install on the front is one screw and removing the old reflector. Rear is the same, however if you have a luggage rack, you will probably have to remove it to get to the connector for the tail light, it's one extra wire from each rear turning signal into the center where the tail light is.

I stuck both wires through the stalks and soldered them together and then crimped a spade connector on the splice and used it to connect to a tap to the bikes tail/brake light wire.

PS - the instructions, translated from German, suck.

Linky - where I bought them