1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Go!!!ng Home. Columbus OH to Austin TX?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by tardypizza, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tardypizza

tardypizza n00b-like in consistency

Oddometer:
    Looks like if everything goes to plan I'll be picking up sgopher185's Adv 950 S early next week and riding it some 1200 miles back home.

I am completely clueless as to what a good route would be. I do have to be back to work Friday 26th in the evening so the trip is somewhat time compressed. Looks like I'll have 3-4 days to do this, if everything goes smoothly.

The only thing I could think of interest would be some of the Ozark mountain roads in Arkansas. Other than that, I really don't want to stick to the major interstates even though that will be the quickest way home. Some dirt or fire roads along the way would be a treat.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    Western KY Parkway goes your general direction (Pick up a little west of Lexington)....

It's been a couple years since I've ridden it. It's not exciting by ADV standards, but you can still make decent time while avoiding superslab type traffic....
  3. tardypizza

tardypizza n00b-like in consistency

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rich, do you know what highway # that is?

I've been looking at heading straight south to the Great Smoky Mountain Nat Park and the tail of the dragon. Then west from there.

What are the best roads in Arkansas?
  4. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    Don't know about Arkansas roads, but if you want a nice, non-slab route from Columbus to Gatlinburg, TN, then I can hook you up.

If you want a nice place to stay in Gatlinburg and then have a tour guide for your Dragon run, then I can hook you up there too. A close friend of mine runs a Bed & Breakfast in Gatlinburg....And he rides and leads groups all the time.

PM me if you want any of that info.....

Depending on the day, I might just be willing to ride along with you for a while since I'm only about 25 minutes from Plain City.....

Rich