going to be in vietnam jan 15, looking for riding partners.

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Gordon Gilbert, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Gordon Gilbert

Gordon Gilbert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    purchased a last minute flight to Hanoi. Was thinking of doing Ho Chi Mihn road, from Hanoi to Saigon or vice versa, but basically just looking for some good riding. Anyone want to get together pm me.
    thanks
  2. kewheels

kewheels n00b

Oddometer:
    Well I am going to go there to the north in March/April. Do u have a connection for renting a bike?
  3. Catracho

Catracho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just finished riding for a month in Vietnam and enjoyed every second of it. Magnificent country!! Ho Chi Minh trail is a must. Are you planning to buy one if the $250 Honda/Chinese wins? I don't remember seeing any rental companies, but I wasn't looking. I also didn't see a bike bigger than a 150. Maybe a Harley or something in Ho Chi Minh. But 99.9% of the bikes are 125's or smaller. Perfect for those roads. Have fun!
  4. fatgut

fatgut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi. I am arriving 29th January for 4 weeks. Arrive and leave via HCMC so I am looking at doing a 3 week loop up the coast and back via inland. Camping along the beach area so taking small tent. When are you leaving ?, May be meet up on return back to HCMC. Some really good back roads if you do planning on Google earth then routes into GPS to follow if lost.
    Kev.
  5. two_dogs

two_dogs Andrew M

Oddometer:
    Any updates ?

I'm in hoi an now. Just did a 3 day tour with hoi an motorbike tours hue to hoi an via dmz, khe sahn, hcm trail. Highly recommended. I'll post up a detailed rr when i get home. Andrew