Going to Hudson Bay

Discussion in 'Canada' started by yelostn78, Jul 31, 2006.

1. yelostn78

yelostn78 Have GS will Travel

Oddometer:
    Howdy pards,
    I am researching a trip to Hudson bay from Kansas City.
    Plan to burn I-29 to the Border, and then 6 to thompson, and then that #2 pencil line from thompson to gillam. I want to make it to the bay from there, not sure if this is possible. Any advice would be great, any pics would be great. If any one has done this route I would like to find out the distance between fuel points if any one knows(mainly so I know what size Gas can to carry!:D ) Thanks all, Plan to go in the next few weeks, while it is "Warm"
    I have already started eating large quantities of garlic and match heads to prep for the mosquitos:1drink
  2. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    Ontario GS or Drift10 are the guys to ask. Look up the Ontario rider fourm. We are planing on doing it. I met some guys in Nova Scotia last week who told me that it's all paved now.

Good Luck
  3. yelostn78

Oddometer:
    thanks for the info. I pm'ed ontario gs and a few others about the route. anyone else have anything or been up that way?
  4. yelostn78

Oddometer:
    Hey all fyi. just spoke with a few folks in gillam and churchill on the phone. Churchill is still only viable via train. The road to gillam from thompson, still has dirt. It is whale season, so they are kind of busy. Well, I will let you know more, looks like we will try another route, the train trip take 8 hrs or more, and you are there minimum 1 day and return.
  5. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    there is a way via Quebec.It takes about 4 days from Toronto round trip.
  6. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    You won't be missing much. Highway 6 to Thompson is BORING!
  7. yelostn78

Oddometer:
    That is what I have heard, Because of work I have to scratch this trip and save it for the future. I guess I will just have to settle for the beartooth pass road.:D
    Thanks all for the info, I will use it to plan the trip, but up the radisson side.