Gold Nugget Triathlon

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by legion, May 4, 2012.

1. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Ok... We're back on track and the big wigs have held their meeting about how the race will be handled this year!

Short version? We'll need two bikes in the morning only. Nothing past roughly 11:00a. Each bike will have a course marshal on the back and they'll be looking for evil drafters, naughtiness and general riding dirty ploys. Tom, I've got you on the roster and very much appreciate your volunteering early!

We've got one more bike and rider slot open. Please shoot me a PM if you're interested and to all that have helped make this triathlon a success in years past:

THANK YOU!!

:thumb
  2. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Roger doger,

I'll be awaiting my clearance Clarence! Looking forward to helping out again this year!
  3. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, wish I could help out again this year, but that's the same day as an event we're hosting at Anchorage Brewing Company.

To everyone else, If you're thinking about volunteering, do it! I've done it the past two years, and it's a blast!
  4. simestd

Oddometer:
    This is my 3rd or 4th season helping out and it really is a good time! If your SO is participating in the GNT, this is your chance to earn some relationship points for spending the day on your scoot admiring the scenery. If you're without an SO, did I mention the scenery? If you can't make it out on a bike, there are plenty of other volunteer opportunities - and if anyone asks whether you're willing to be a greaser at the pool, the answer is YES!! - you can thank me later :evil
  5. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:

You and your lovely wife DID help out this year! Your donated helmet was making the laps and chasing down bad actors all along the way. Thanks again!

And simestd... You're the coolest! You've helped every year for the last several. I and about 1500 women are in your debt. Thank you, Sir!
  6. simestd

Oddometer:
    As per usual with this event, a great time was had by all! Great company, great riding and a great event/cause. Not often I can squirrel away a few husband points for being out on the bike :clap Thanks for running the logistics to make this happen every year legion!