Goldentyre GT 723

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mslow, Oct 11, 2016.

1. lostdogproducts

lostdogproducts Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We will see. The 19" I am hoping will be more stable than the 21" tire on the street. So maybe about the same as TKC 80 on the street if the front was a 21" ?????
  2. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Interested to find out, share your thoughts once you get some miles on them
  3. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    Just tested the radial 723's on my 1190. This is the 19" / 17" wheeled model. The first 50 miles is not real good because they are very greasy. After that wears off it felt much better on the pavement. Yes they do make some noise but not all that bad. That changes with speed. They are better on the road than you would think by looking at them and I think that is because they are radials. No moving around because of small lines in the road. I did do some simple easy gravel for maybe 5 miles and it was better than the big block Shinko front/ K60 rear combo that was on it before. This is a more off road tire than I would need for adventure riding but other than those first 50 miles I would say they are a winner.

Attached Files:

4. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Can you post a close up of the front on that size?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  5. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    Sure. please see photos.

Attached Files:

Dr Fixit, RsZk, mslow and 1 other person like this.
  6. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    @lostdogproducts Can you post a picture looking down at the tread pattern of the front in that size? I'm curious if it is different than the 21. Many tires change tread pattern when they size down, like the TKC 80.
  7. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Quick little video from testing the tire out while on a ride with a friend.
    Don't mind the banter, we were on intercoms talking and I didn't feel like adding music or muting the sound.
    The hill looks flat, it wasn't, although it wasn't too steep either, just wet and muddy grass over loose rock.
    Happy Heathen, RsZk, loanster and 3 others like this.
  8. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mslow ..they really seem to be working well for you! Have you had a chance to get them into that's nasty sticky gumbo sort of mud? Any sand yet?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  9. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    Looking at the front end.

Attached Files:

mslow likes this.
  10. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    I've had them in deep slick mud made up of clay, loam and wet sandy mud mic and they've felt like a good dirt bike tire. In deep sugar sand they did really well too, I was able to start from a dead stop in very deep stuff and had no issues.

Really the only issue with these tires is the height of the knobs on the front, if you have a close front fender, they will drag gravel through and you'll hear it.

That being said, I just ordered two more rears and anothet front. I'll be running these for a while.

I may be testing them out again in the slick sticky West Virginia mud this weekend, so we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  11. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    I put a Touratech fender raiser kit that lifts the fender about 5/8" if I remember right. Something like $40.00.
    mslow likes this.
  12. bikerbilly

bikerbilly throwing a leg over

Oddometer:
    top review mslow. getting a front 723 tomorrow for my 1190r. currently have the motoz tractionator adventure and dont like it. let the pressure down to 20psi and it felt better but was still skatey on loose gravel over hard packed. how does the 723 feel on loose gravel over hard packed
  13. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Honestly, I'm not sure any tire is great in loose gravel, but the 21" front holds a line really well when it's deep and loose. I will reiterate, it's a very aggressive front tire and will ride more like a dirtbike than an adventure bike, meaning it will climb out of ruts and you probably don't want to try dragging a peg on the asphalt, but it has transformed the riding offroad. That being said, the Tractionator Adventure has that odd center knob that just didn't like loose gravel, and like yours, mine skated all over the place, especially when it was pea gravel over hardpack.
    I just ordered 2 more rear tires from Adventure Spec and although you pay for the shipping, it's still cheaper than any dealer in the US.

Love to hear what you think of them once you test them in the nasty stuff. Keep us updated.
  14. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mslow did you burn up the rear already? Last I recall you mentioned 1800 miles. Or are you simply getting them on hand in advance of need?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  15. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Nope, I have about 2200 miles on them, mostly offroad, and they have about as much tread depth as a new TKC80 still left on them.
    I ordered two more while the dollar was strong to get the best pricing, and I'm leaving for a 2 week trip out west in a few weeks, wanted a freshie on there for the ride.
    KTM Mike likes this.
  16. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW/FYI, I just ordered a set of these. Rocky Mountain ATV had them for $18 more than Adventure spec and AS was out of stock on rears. No judgement, but for $18 I kept it in the states.
    mslow likes this.
  17. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    I usually buy from RMATVMC exclusively, but with two tires it was closer to $49 difference. That should change as they get more 'traction' here in the states and they import more of them. Planning to run the GT 523 on my woods bike next time I need new shoes.
  18. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahh...glad to hear that. Would you estimate 4,000 miles out of a rear ? more?
  19. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Depending on how and what you ride, and how long you let your tires wear, I would think 4000 miles is doable.
    If you're riding mostly asphalt, it might be a stretch.
    For those that ride mostly asphalt, I would not recommend these tires, there are far better choice for that, for everything else these are my personal go-to
  20. bradluke0

bradluke0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently installed a set of these on my 690 enduro prior to a week trip to Robbinsville , south of Deals Gap . I ran them on the road , rocks , gravel , sand and mud . Couldn't ask more from a tire . Have ridden them in the deep Florida sand , no problem . The one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is the size of the front tire , the thing is huge . It is a 90/100 -21 and it is easily 10% bigger than the TKC 80 90/90-21 . Floats over the sand , nice . Only have 1000 miles on them so its hard to tell how far they will go . Don't see me trying anything else for a while . Got them at goldentyre-usa.com Use the dash in the web address ...