Goldentyre GT 723

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mslow, Oct 11, 2016.

1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alright, all I've done is about 200 miles of road with these tires, but so far I'm impressed. They don't feel anything like they look cruising down the freeway at 70 for hours. No odd noise, wobble or anything else they aren't smooth street tires, but they ride quite nice. Dirt starts this afternoon. More later.

Oh, ktm 690..
    moto74, mslow and dragos like this.
  2. Tipmethewink

Tipmethewink Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow! I just bought 2x 723 rears and a 216AA front for the equivalent of $330 here in the UK. I'm usually looking at the prices you pay in the US. with envy.
  3. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats Australian dollars :(
  4. Tipmethewink

Tipmethewink Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ah, that's not so bad then. I can feel the envy creeping back already.
    1coolbanana likes this.
  5. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    For those using the 723 on their enduro bikes, or for use primarily off road, you should take a look at the GT 523 as well. Identical pattern with wider spacing for more aggressive use in harder enduro terrain, they last much longer than the 216's
    dragos likes this.
  6. michaeln

michaeln What're YOU lookin' at?

Oddometer:
    I have a set of GT723 in 150/70x18 and 90/90x21 that I ran for only about 250 miles, all on the street. Didn't like them for the street, took them off. I'd like to sell them, but not sure about shipping tires. What do you do, just wrap them together with packing tape and make a wide enough spot of tape to put a shipping label on?

I am thinking $175 plus actual shipping cost.

[​IMG]
    Dr Fixit likes this.
  7. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may be interested. Could you send me a PM? Cost shipped to zip 49709? I have had retailers ship tires as you described, or else in a box.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  8. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    I'd use a plastic wrap... even saran wrap if that's all you can get.
  9. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this :D
    Finally the tubeless 90/90-21 in Oz

[​IMG]
    mslow likes this.
  10. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    @1coolbanana - Fair warning, the front is very aggressive and will pick up gravel and rocks and you'll hear them in your front fender occasionally.
    Also, trust the front when you're off-road, it will bite with the slightest pressure on either footpeg and climb out of ruts. Might be different than you're used to on a big bike.
    Please post your thoughts on them.
    1coolbanana likes this.
  11. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cheers for that.
    My favourite go to tyre is the Scorpion Rally on 9XX and have been waiting for the tubeless equivalent. Hopefully this is it :-)
    mslow likes this.
  12. Sweedegravel

Sweedegravel Ridefulness

Oddometer:
    Will be interesting to hear more from you regarding this. I'm on my second MT-21 rear on my 690 and would like to try something else.
  13. ADV Tony

ADV Tony Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested also, if they're not spoken for I'd pay shipping to Washington state. 98418
  14. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think they are spoken for (by me). The seller is taking care of getting shipping set up. Presumably that will work out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  15. michaeln

michaeln What're YOU lookin' at?

Oddometer:
    Yeah, KTM Mike and I are working on shipping, so I guess we can consider them sold.

BTW, that dusty stuff on them in the pic is pollen. They were sitting on top of a garbage can that was covered with yellow pollen, and I moved them to take the pic and they picked up that pollen.
  16. ADV Tony

ADV Tony Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Say no more. Enjoy!
    KTM Mike likes this.
  17. levain

Oddometer:
    They're way better than mt21. I was in pretty much every terrain in the last 24hrs. If they wear as well as I've heard, these will be the ultimate compromise tire.
    moto74 and Sweedegravel like this.
  18. levain

Oddometer:
    While I wait for @sprouty115 who just disappeared into God knows where as he passed me at the start of the track I'll post an update. These tires rock. They're really good. To me. You? Dunno.

Rocks. Mud. Hard pack. Single track. 2 track. Fast highway. They do it all. I felt the front end give a touch coming into a turn too hot, but I quickly recovered.

These tires grab when they need to. Ride smooth on pavement, for the type of tire they are, and just do everything without complaint. I think I ha e about 2000 miles on them now and they aren't showing any signs of wearing prematurely . Love these tires!

[​IMG] edit: we had different versions of the same track. Mine was older and led to a dead end
    xsrdx, 1coolbanana, dragos and 3 others like this.
  19. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are more signs on the trails on the Gaspe peninsula than there are on the Jersey turnpike to get to Philly - and that's what I thought we were both following.

For the record I did back-track )and we eventually met up) to follow the track that @levain had on his phone - which led straight onto a freshly logged road that was impassable...

Oh, and his tire does look brand new...
  20. moto74

moto74 displaced

Oddometer:
    Excellent to hear! Wet highway would be the other condition I'd be interested to hear about... they sound great though.