Good Coffee Shops in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Wire Fox, Sep 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Wire Fox

Wire Fox Road Pancake

Oddometer:
    I'm a coffee junkie on a Euro bike... Yes, I fit into the stereotype! While travelling on either motorcycle or car, one of my favorite things to do is stop at non-chain coffee shops to see if they have any unique offerings, atmosphere, or just plain brew coffee/classic espresso drinks very well. With a few extra motives hidden up my sleeve, I'm hoping a few other hot caffeine junkies (hot, caffeine junkies also welcome!) can help me put together a nice list of coffee shops throughout the state that they've visited and really enjoyed.

I'd greatly prefer to avoid any big chain shops (Starbucks, Dunkin', etc), but I would feel that small chains like Copper Moon or Bee Roasters are fair game if any of those stand out to you. As well, I'm hoping to get a good geographic spread of these across the state so that this list can be of use no matter where your ride happens to be taking you. I'm also not trying to have this be a list of every non-chain coffee shop out there: Google Maps does that well enough. Let me know what you've found and enjoyed, especially when those close to some good riding! If we get a good list together, I'll try and get them compiled together in map or gpx for easy reference.

I'll kick it off with a few favorites I've found around.
    Indianapolis:
    • Coal Yard Coffee (ice cream, tons of parking for a city location)
    • Calvin Fletcher's Coffee Co (does classics very well, donates all profit to charity)
    • Geist Coffee Co (nice interior space, very close to Geist reservoir and pocket of enjoyable riding in Central IN)
    • PROVIDER Coffee & Long Drinks (light breakfast and lunch, unique drink options, alcohol cocktails)
    Brookville
    • Coffee on Main (cozy spot with lots of good riding nearby)
    Greenwood
    • Strange Brew (love the weird themes, great sweet drinks, good stopping point heading south out of Indy to better riding)
    Muncie
    • The Cup (cool college town spot, plenty of drink options and quick breakfast)
    Nashville
    • Daily Grind Coffee House (TONS of coffee roasts, cool old building right in Nashville)
    Scottsburg
    • Java Station 56 (cool train theme, tons of unique drink, bakery, and food options, big indoor space on town square)
    DIRTLIFE757 likes this.
  2. Wire Fox

Wire Fox Road Pancake

Oddometer:
    ...what, there's no other coffee fans in Indiana? Are y'all going to make me go on coffee tours on my own to build out this list?
  3. DIRTLIFE757

DIRTLIFE757 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wire Fox, a really nice lil spot here in Brookville.
    Coffee Off Main 125 East 6th St.
    Their FB page has info on menu options, and pics of the cozy set-up they have inside. I’m not a coffee expert, but I DO LIKE COFFEE! This is a cool lil spot and surrounded by good riding as well.
    Wire Fox likes this.
  4. Wire Fox

Wire Fox Road Pancake

Oddometer:
    No need to be an expert! I know I'm sure not, either. I'll have to put Brookville on my short to-do list for some riding and give them a visit while I'm out there.
    DIRTLIFE757 likes this.