Good Eats and Drinks

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Ryan A, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Ryan A

Ryan A Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The ADV meetup threads got me interested in swapping places to eat and drink so I figured it might be a good idea to start a thread for PNW folks to share their favorite places... it's always good to get new ideas:

I'll start with my two favorite spots in Everett:

The Flying Pig -- it's not as cool as it used to be since they stopped making their own beer (their IPA was the BEST) to create more seating, but their Serious Sirloin Chili is still the best around and they have some of the friendliest service in the county.

Bobby's Hawaiian Style -- THE place to go if you're ever hankering for some Spam Musubi or just a good old fashioned box lunch Island style.
  2. Ratty2austin

Ratty2austin commutercycle

Oddometer:
    Cave Man Kitchens down in Kent- THE best BBQ and baked beans ever!!!!! :deal (and a good place for bikes to meet up- lots of picknic tables and parking)

Small Frys in Fall City (where SR202 and 203 cross)- a micro-burger shack! good home cookin'

Pepperdock on Alki- a place to watch the squiddies and HD boys cruise by and get tickets :lol3... and other beach related scenery :evil, all while having some good burgers and frys...

and...

I will get back to this....
  3. Ryan A

Ryan A Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh, if we're going to include Seattle, we've got to include Duke's Chowder House. I love that place.
  4. Springs

Springs Shipping Wars

Oddometer:
    +1 on Bobby's Hawaiian style this is the real deal, the food is just plain great, Lau Lau, lomi Salmon, Kilua pig and the list goes on, you'll eat well at this place!
  5. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Lewiston, Idaho:
    Bojacks for Steaks and french onion soup:thumb:clap:freaky
    Anytime Tavern 24/7 for an Anytime burger with fries. Bring three friends.
    The Bait Shop for breakfast
    BarlyHoppers for micro brew and sandwiches

Avery, Idaho Eat before you get there :huh:cry

Rivers Cafe, Kooskia, Idaho:thumb

Hunters, Post Falls Idaho:thumb
  6. gdeiss

gdeiss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll second the Baitshop in Lewiston; breakfast is served all day long.

Kamiah: the Hearthstone Bakery has great food and reasonable prices, but is only open until 3 p.m.

Cottonwood: the Hangout has great burgers; it's closed on Sunday.

Grangeville: Ernie's is a steakhouse, but their burgers are great and reasonably priced.
  7. Wenduro

Wenduro Agenda 21 Refugee

Oddometer:
    +1 on the Flying Pig, great burgers too!

also, the Depot BBQ down by the Amtrak station has the best BBQ west of the Miss. IMHO :D
  8. Right Turn Clyde

Right Turn Clyde Pongo pygmaeus

Oddometer:
    +1 Bojacks

Better try Busters BBQ in Troutdale/Gresham before laying claim to best BBQ in the region…

Fat greasy burger in the Scablands? Franks' Place in Sprague.

Swilly's in Pullman

In Moscow, ID: Sangria, Red Door, and West of Paris in order of expense and, somewhat, ease of bike parking.

And don't ever forget Big Dipper Ice Cream in Missoula. That recommendation comes from a guy who used to travel 45min for hand packed pints in Connecticut and call it dinner. :D
  9. Ryan A

Ryan A Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Even if it is a tourist trap, I actually do enjoy the BBQ at Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue.
  10. granitehead

granitehead innocent bystander

Oddometer:
    Smoky Joe's Tavern in Snoqualmie. To call this place a dive is an insult dives everywhere...but, they make the best bacon cheeseburgers. Their buns are bakery delivered and don't fall apart halfway through the burger. There's also a beer garden out back and plenty of parking.

The ride to get there is big fun too.
  11. craig2211

craig2211 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whistling Jacks Lodge on Hwy 410, great food and close to off road riding.
  12. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good enough reason to ride to Missoula and back .
  13. Kinsman

Kinsman Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer:
    The Hayloft in Lolo, at the end of hwy 12. Good burgers and fried chicken.
  14. Right Turn Clyde

Oddometer:
    :nod

And coming from the Kinsman, regional meat guru, that Lolo stop sounds like a must as well. :evil
  15. GSHighlander

GSHighlander Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    McKenzie River Pizza is a great pizza joint in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Missoula</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">MT.</st1:state></st1:place> I know of two locations in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Missoula</st1:place></st1:city> but there may be more. Their beer selection is thin but good quality, and with good local brews. The pizza is out of control!

Iron Horse Brewpub in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Missoula</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">MT</st1:state></st1:place> is another great spot. Good food and a great selection of brews. Central downtown location and a big Griz hangout, too.

McGlinn's Public House in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Wenatchee</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">WA</st1:state></st1:place> is also one of my faves. Great food and nice beer selection located in the historical <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Garland</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Building</st1:placetype></st1:place> on Orondo. Don&#8217;t miss this one!

The Windmill
    in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Wenatchee</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">WA</st1:state></st1:place> also rocks. Do not street appraise! It looks like a total dump that at first glance might appear permanently closed. Once inside you'll be treated to some of the best beef and service in the state - no kidding. Prime rib and all cuts of steak are the go-to items on the menu but the burgers and the rest of the menu is also good. I don&#8217;t go there for the beer, which is saying a lot about the food!
    <o:p> </o:p>
    The Duck Brand hotel and restaurant in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Winthrop</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">WA</st1:state></st1:place> is a fantastic spot, especially for dinner on the deck on a warm summer evening. Or, jump on SR-20 in either direction for a memorable ride through the Cascades after breakfast!
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Cheapest bottle of beer? Skidder&#8217;s Bar and Grill in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Darrington</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">WA</st1:state></st1:place>. $0.98 including tax for a bottle of <st1:place w:st="on">Rainier</st1:place>&#8217;s finest! :1drink
    <o:p></o:p>
    I could go on and on&#8230;
  16. Right Turn Clyde

Oddometer:
    Late afternoon and getting hungry. Which makes me think of…

El Caporal in Othello--the real deal Mex meal (do the Verde Burrito)

"the pizza place" in Winthrop--but go there for the chowder (serious chunks of clam)

OK, time for another PBJ :cry
  17. tree farmer

tree farmer n00b

Oddometer:
    Pig 'N Pancake in Astoria, Seaside and Cannon Beach. Breakfast all day, every day of all kinds, and everything else is great too.:dg It's the place I maintain my 250 lb. slim, trim shape.:lift A local tradition for 40 or so years.:thumb
  18. GSHighlander

GSHighlander Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Here's a link to a thread I started over in GPS Tracks a while ago.

Download the GPX full of brewpubs in the PNW! I'm continuing to update the file through my travels... :1drink

Enjoy!
  19. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
    Nadine's...Smokey Point (north or Everett) BIG brkfst
    Cafe/Bar on Hwy 12 at Peck Jnct...Bkfst/Just the right amount of grease
    Malad, Id...restaurant behind the Village Inn Motel...fresh cornbread
    Geronimoe's...Springdale? Wash...somewhere out here...buffalo burger
    Babb, Mt. the steakhouse
    Silver Spoon, Darby, MT...pie
    Grandma's Cafe, Cascade, ID...homemade ice cream
    Rancheria, Alaska Hwy...pecan tarts
    Captain Cooks...Anchorage
    Dusty Cafe...Dusty, WA...homemade soups
    Pickles...Arco, ID
    One more. The alley restaurant in Nelson, BC. I forget the name but had the best gaspacho (sp), absolutely luscious.
  20. Right Turn Clyde

Oddometer:
    Lunchtime, and I'm hungry. Can only mean a post on this thread…and another PBJ. :cry

Truffle Pigs---Field, BC

The Calf A---b'fast as good as the name is funny on 15 down by Dell, MT