Good Eats, where?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gatkinson, Mar 13, 2006.

1. gatkinson

gatkinson nOOb for GS dirt riding

Oddometer:
    So I will be leaving from Utah for a month long sojourn through BC, Yukon, NWT and Alaska. Plan on leaving some time in June, but won't know specific dates till some time in May when my work schedule will be finalized.

I would really appreciate finding out the "must stop at" places for a bite to eat. So far, the only thing I was served that I just wouldn't try were the boiled duck feet in Hong Kong. I know where those have been.

I try and eat at local joints and avoid the chains, although I don't think I have to worry about that to much for the majority of this trip. I already have the Swiftwater in Whittier on my list.

Thanks for the info, and I'll buy the first beer.:freaky
  2. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    If you don't mind lots of traffic in the city, Vancouver BC has just about every kind of ethnic food available. Commercial Drive has a load of restaurants starting at First avenue heading north. You can park the bike and just walk along the street to pick out what you want. If you make it there on I think it's the first Tuesday of the month, around 7pm the Italian bike club meets at the Italian coffee bar at 1st and Commercial.
  3. redseca2

redseca2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good Food can be hard to find on the road up north outside the really big cities and high-end lodges, but here are a few:

Prince Rupert: Cow Bay Cafe; on the Cow Bay Marina; white table clothes, good fresh fish and wine list.

Whitehorse: Sam and Andy's; Mexican on Main Street, outdoor dining in the Yukon.

Dawson: Klondike Kate's; at the Klondike Kate cabins, patio and indoors, fusion menu with outstanding breakfasts.