Goodbye Cruiserface, Hello Happyface: The (old) Long and (new) Short Of It All

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by popscycle, Apr 24, 2014.

1. popscycle

popscycle Fahren Away Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    AHM Ride, Part 13: Below are two more picture taken during the Collings Foundation American Heritage Museum (AHM) ride this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    KMichael, Deckyon, B10Dave and 3 others like this.
  2. panzer

panzer The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go Supporter

Oddometer:
    I could use that flak gun to help improve my sporting clays scores...
    popscycle likes this.
  3. popscycle

Oddometer:
    May I suggest this particular German 88? It shoots.

[​IMG]

Nur ein kleiner Sch├╝tzenverein
    KMichael, Shaggie, Deckyon and 6 others like this.
  4. panzer

panzer The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go Supporter

Oddometer:
    Das gefelt mir!
    popscycle likes this.
  5. popscycle

Oddometer:
    AHM Ride, Part 14: Below are two more picture taken during the Collings Foundation American Heritage Museum (AHM) ride this month. Having an AT-6 (trainer) parked in among the hard battle stuff seemed a bit of an oddity.

[​IMG]

In previous years, this plane would be flown during reenactments. Usually found in the hanger, perhaps they just needed a temporary place to park it.

[​IMG]

Also not flying at this year's reenactment were the foundation's two Stearman aircraft.
    KMichael, Shaggie, B10Dave and 5 others like this.
  6. MadRider777

MadRider777 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's M4A Sherman, the main American tank of WWII. Have you seen the movie "Fury" 2014? There was a lot of them there.
    popscycle and jeickerman like this.
  7. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your input @MadRider777. I had not seen the movie but I did find another, side-view pic of said tank.

[​IMG]
  8. MadRider777

Oddometer:
    I think it's Sherman "Jumbo", the assault modification.

[​IMG]
  9. popscycle

Oddometer:
    AHM Ride, Part 15: Below are three more picture taken during the Collings Foundation American Heritage Museum (AHM) ride this month. Not having had any time to do research, I have no idea of the make or model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Liberation From Lumber? Progress on the new domicile continues with the first floor mostly framed and work on the second started. This means less lumber blocking the redhead's exit from Kevin's man cave. With a little more work, perhaps I can squeeze the girl out.

[​IMG]

By the time the framers left yesterday evening, they had all the beams up and the 2nd floor's sub-floor down. Below is the architect's drawing of what this side should look like.

[​IMG]

Once framed out, we can have the driveway back. As of this morning, two of the three bays are still blocked by construction materials and there's a lot of rain in the forecast.
  11. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Woodpeckers Are Feeding The Chickens: Damn woodpeckers toss a lot of seed out of the bird feeders looking for whatever woodpeckers look for. In addition to the turkeys, the tossed seed is now attracting the free-range chickens that roam the area.

[​IMG]

The good news about these chickens is that they don't mount a road challenge to riding in the area like some other critters do (e.g., geese, turkeys, deer and bears). I've not seen them in or around the road yet.
    Shaggie, B10Dave, KMichael and 3 others like this.
  12. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    John; I use a vertical round peanut feeder for the jays, peckers and nuthatches. They leave the seed feeder alone. Also; my seed feeder is a clear plastic donut with the opening at the bottom of the inside hole of the donut. It has a grid across the opening and birds can't sift seed out onto the ground from it. I also use a sunflower seed feeder and buy feed without sunflower seed in it for the donut feeder. This setup seems to keep most seed in the birds and not on the ground.
    popscycle likes this.
  13. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the info, Dave! Thanks!!
    B10Dave likes this.
  14. popscycle

Oddometer:
    The Redhead Gets Out: The framers used up the big pile of sub-floor plywood that was blocking the bike bay, giving me just enough room to squeeze the redhead out yesterday between bouts of rain.

[​IMG]

More to follow on this brief outing
    zookster, KMichael, Shaggie and 2 others like this.
  15. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Just Up The Road: Below is one of the very few fall foliage pictures I have this year. It was taken yesterday just just up the road, less than a mile, from the new domicile after I finally got the bike out from behind the lumber.

[​IMG]
  16. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Being Thankful: Among the many things we are thankful for is being surrounded by nature. A good bit of the area around us is held in a land trust, never to be built upon (at least in our lifetime). Below are several shots of the trust land that borders where we live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. popscycle

Oddometer:
    AHM Ride, Part 16: Below are more picture taken during the Collings Foundation American Heritage Museum (AHM) ride last month. Still not having any time to do research, I must apologize for not identifying the make or model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    KMichael, Shaggie, zookster and 2 others like this.
  18. popscycle

Oddometer:
    Winter's Advance Guard: The presence of geese on layover signals the approach of winter.

[​IMG]

Back in the days of my youth, the arrival of geese was a big deal (e.g., the last gasp of "Indian Summer"), especially to hunters.

[​IMG]

Today, the fact that geese are primarily viewed as walking shit machines makes them less than popular around here. Personally, I enjoy all the wildlife as long as it isn't trying to bite me or crap excessively in my yard.
  19. popscycle

Oddometer:
    AHM Ride, Part 17: Below are the last of the tank pictures taken last month at the Collings Foundation's new American Heritage Museum (AHM). Name them if you can because there were no placards or docents present at the soft opening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I may have missed one or two and will post if I did; however, this is all for now.
    Deckyon, zookster, B10Dave and 4 others like this.
  20. MadRider777

Oddometer:
    The first is Soviet PT-76, an amphibious tank. It could swim as a goose from your previous post :-)

[​IMG]

And the last one is main modern American M1 Abrams

[​IMG]
    zookster, B10Dave, KMichael and 2 others like this.