GoPro HD Hero Camera

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Wesley J, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Dualthing

Dualthing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. genka

genka SUV hater Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking fro a bar mount which will work with a 12-15 mm bar. Does it exist?
  3. klinquist

klinquist ├╝bergeek

Oddometer:
  4. genka

genka SUV hater Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I didn't look there, my cam is not a GoPro, but has a similar mount system.
  5. New2Moto

New2Moto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is it if not go pro? The Sony one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  6. Grants

Grants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a short question related to GoPro video settings:
    "which are the most suitable settings for camera if the video afterwards will be uploaded to youtube?" So far this is the best quality I have managed to get: http://youtu.be/dPm_VYTurq8
    http://youtu.be/r_5TJpKI00E

currently I`m shooting videos in 1080 super view / 50fmps or 720 super view.
    I have seen other videos, on youtube, and they are in much better quality therefore I`m suspecting that the issue is with the camera settings.

Thanks in advance,
  7. duffs

duffs I have a beard

Oddometer:

YouTube is happiest with 1080p24 (cinematic frame rate), 1080p25 (PAL frame rate) or 1080p30 (NTSC frame rate, actually 29.97fps). I usually film at 2x and have FCP interpolate the lower frame rate on export.

Vimeo has far superior video quality but limited unless you pay.
  8. sans4ver

sans4ver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Since GoPro app is available, with more features available in comparison to remote.
    Does anyone still uses remote while moto traveling? Any specific reasons?

I am asking this because I am getting wifi bacpac for hero2, so wondering if i really need the remote.
  9. dcwn.45

dcwn.45 Frozen Rider

Oddometer:
    I have the remote with my hero 3 and I alsio use the app w my tablet and phone
    I think the remote is better for turning camera on/off on the fly.
    I usually have the camera on my helmet and the remote strapped to the handlebars so its easy to reach without stopping
    works well for on the fly pictures and videos
    I don't want to have to mount my phone or tablet up there plus the touch screens don't work with gloves
  10. sans4ver

sans4ver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can the gopro be turned on/off with phone app?
    Just in case you want the gloves to work for smartphones...thumbdogs dot com.
  11. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:

So how the heck is this better than the remote? You have to wake up the phone, engage the app, choose your option and then turn it off when finished.

The remote is the same, turn on the power, wait until it boots the camera, choose your option and turn it off when finished.

It pretty much sounds the same to me. Additonally you don't have the distraction of the looking at the screen. I just push power, then record on the remote while it's mounted on my bars. My phone resides in my tank bag because I'd rather risk at $35 remote over a $400 phone. Enlighten me?
  12. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:
    The battery is shit on the remote unless you hardwire it in, which I personally am not going to do.

What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. So that being said, I find the phone is great. I set everything up on it once and then put it away.

I guess it depends on where you have the camera mounted as well. Mine is normally on my head and I start and stop it the old fashion way - with my finger.
  13. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    If you had the phone on the bars I can see it being handy. Mine is plugged in all the time anyway but, it's inside my tank bag which makes it a pain in the butt.

I thought about hardwiring the remote but haven't needed too as yet. I do have four batteries for the GoPro but only one remote so you ar right the battery life is bad on the remote.
  14. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:
    Just curious

What are you using to charge the batteries while out n' bout?

Or do you have them all pre-charged up?
  15. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    They are pre-charged but I have a mobile charger that gets plugged into my tank bag. Each battery has a number on it, one to four so I can remember which battery I've used.
  16. klinquist

klinquist ├╝bergeek

Oddometer:
  17. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    I should have added that I use that charger as well. Works great.
  18. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:

Great. Just picked up some batteries and a charger

I've hesitated adding more charging units and accessories to my tank bag. Having two cameras, I charge one while using the other. But I just want to use the hero3 and just keep the older one packed away as a backup.
  19. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:
    My buddy recently bought the Wasabi dual charger, came with 2 batteries and it uses a USB, slickest GP charger I've seen so far, much faster charge time then any others I've tried including the GP and the wasabi single charger.
  20. BobPS

BobPS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that :thumb

I've been looking for a gopro battery charger with USB port. I have a wasabi charger but it comes with a wall outlet and cigarette plug (?) not usb port. I can not charge the battery while riding.

BTW I just found out that Wasabi has similar product, wasabi charger with usb port... it's cheaper too.