Got a flat in the bush, slime didn't work.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Whosaberg, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Whosaberg

Whosaberg n00b

Oddometer:
    Was out a while ago, and got a pinch flat - riding too fast with low pressures over rock crush. Silly boy. Had slime, tried a fix...no go. Ended up getting home and replacing the tubes and tires with Shinko 520 ITs. Quite impressed. I videoed the trip. Link below. Cheers.

2. 1994klr250

1994klr250 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have tubes in your wheels? If you have tubes you used the wrong type of slime. The bottle of slime with the yellow label is just for tires. As seen here in the picture its the same one you used.

t1.jpg

The bottle of slime with the red label is for tires with tubes. I have used slime for tubes on several flats and it sealed up the tube. Not saying it would of mattered in your case with a pinch flat, but there is different types of slime sealant for tires and tubes. Hope this helps!

t2.png
    bobw likes this.
  3. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sealant never works for pinch flats, just punctures on the outside or sidewall. Centrifigal force.....
    bykemike likes this.
  4. bykemike

bykemike "ready to navigate" Supporter

Oddometer:
    you could pump in two containers of Slime into a pinch flat and it is not likely it will stop. I did just that into my KLR rear tire in rural GA one Sunday afternoon with no one around and zero cell signal.

All I got was a sticky rim and hands and a long push out to a paved road to get some attention.

Notice on the bottle "stops slow leaks",