1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

GPS alternatives, you know that phone in your pocket

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by uphoto, Dec 8, 2015.

1. rageabout

rageabout Say my name

Oddometer:
    Just installed the free version of CoPilot. Question: It also comes in an HD version for $14.99. Seems a small price to pay but was wondering if folks know if its worth buying?

Thanks

rage

edit: Been testing it today. Good so far but the maps could be better. Looks like audio turn-by-turn is a purchase. worth it to me.
  2. chrisjk

chrisjk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Depends what you want/need. I used to use it but gave it up in favour of other apps as I got fed up with the difficulty of getting gpx files into it.
  3. PineLaneRider

PineLaneRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Between Michaux and Tuscarora State Forests
    You all probably know this, but just in case...
    Search up ItnConverter. It will convert .gpx to .trp CoPilot routes if needed. I also use it to build routes. I use OsmAnd(offline) and Here Wego.
  4. worwig

worwig Long timer

Oddometer:
    I create a route on my PC, use ITNConverter to convert it, save that in a cloud folder on my PC, cloud storage automatically syncs that to CoPilot on my phone. Done. Almost too easy.
    And if I edit them on the phone, they are synced back to the PC and I can look at the edits.
    Jeffk185 likes this.
  5. TO Scootz

TO Scootz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You might want to check out MotoGoLoco, a UK motorbike friendly planner that will export routes in TRP format. I just used it to plan a route around Paris from Senlis (ibis hotel) to the Clermont-Ferrand area, where we will be vacationing. (by car, unfortunately) Otherwise Copilot insists that it route us via the Paris Peripherique, the worlds second largest parking lot, after the M25.:D
  6. chrisjk

chrisjk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I know there are alternatives, including for Mac users like me. However, there were also other factors and Copilot showed no interest at the time in resolving the issues ( a few years ago now and possibly things have changed) and I have just moved on. There are plenty of good navigation apps nowadays and they don't all refuse to accept gpx files...