GPS Get Together in North Georgia?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by kv, Feb 4, 2006.

1. rcompton

rcompton I am not Iron Man

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed the ride, but I was dead on my feet. Great to meet/see everyone. Hope everyone learned a lot! :rofl

And NM: I got soaked from my house in Marietta up to around Calhoun, and from around the GA/TN line back to the house..... poured around Rome for me.
  2. Dirtysouth

Dirtysouth Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer:

KV, PowerT, and I got into some rain above chatsworth but nothing too bad until me and KV hit it good up around Carters Lake and then it started coming down pretty good. Good to see everyone made it home ok, just waiting for KV and PowerT to post.
  3. NoMystery

NoMystery Jesse's Girl

Oddometer:
    Location Location: between Atlanta & the mountains
    Ya'll comin to dinner tomorrow night??? Check the neverending dinner thread. :deal
  4. Dirtysouth

Dirtysouth Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer:

There may be a small chance that I may make it. The wife informed me a few minutes ago that I will be attending a BD party tomorrow.:cry
  5. kv

kv [insert witty comment here]

Oddometer:
    As stated in the "never ending dinner" thread... 260+ miles of which only about 82 were in the rain (for me).

Anyone ever experience "phantom wet foot syndrome"? PWFS... After riding in wet conditions for the better part of a half an hour, I got the feeling that my right foot was getting wet. I swear I could practically feel the water running down my boot. Got home and the inside of my boot is bone dry.

:dunno
  6. NoMystery

NoMystery Jesse's Girl

Oddometer:
    You pissed yourself and it dried before ya got home. It's okay.
  7. kv

Oddometer:
    When I left the house in light drizzle I had my doubts on what kind of turnout we'd have. I got to the Cracker Barrell and found 2 waiting riders (Dirty and PowerT). As the 3 of us got ready to leave rcompton pulls in.

"Everyone good on gas?" I yell through my helmet. I get 3 :thumb

So we're tooling along up 75N headed for Chattanooga when all of the sudden Ron pulls up alongside me and starts pointing at his tank. He motions for us to continue but we all follow. As we exit and turn right I see Dale Jr's pit crew waving us in. 22 seconds later we were back on the Interstate. (Guess they had the day off...:dunno)

As we turned onto Frazier we all notice that there's no parking on one side of the street. I immedaitely realize we're about to be in the midst of either a fun run or bicycle race. The later turned out to be true. We ended up having to "borrow" parking at the Tin Roof Bistro. As we were getting off of our bikes a man walks up and says, "Ya'll joining us for bruch?" (:augie)

We realized that we either needed to relocate something like 8 or 9 bikes in an already crowded area or we needed to... So anyway, they serve a pretty mean brunch as it turns out. They put us out on the patio but for the better part of 3 hrs we had it to ourselves.

GPS units were discussed, route planning was talked about and a plan to follow Monte on a ride was hatched. Most folks have to pay admission to Six Flags for a ride like that.:lol3 We managed to pack a lot of miles (73 if I'm not mistaken) in a very small area. Of those 73 miles I think only 4 were straight or without serious elevation changes. :wink:

So a little rain did not stop our Get Together. The Trailer Trash Annual was discussed and we've been told that it is in the "planning stages".

As always, good to see (and meet some new) neighbors. :thumb
  8. kv

Oddometer:
    Fix-izzled for ya...:wink:
  9. kv

Oddometer:
    Phil, can we get "unstickied" now? :dunno

Thanks again...:wink:
  10. NoMystery

NoMystery Jesse's Girl

Oddometer:
    :eek1 TMI
  11. kv

Oddometer:
    :evil
  12. rcompton

Oddometer:
    I pulled off for gas? Man, I barely remember..... just walked in from a very good (and $$$) dinner at the Old Vinings Inn.... long day. See ya tomorrow!

13. Troutrider

Troutrider Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I enjoyed seeing some new and old faces yesterday. Had it not been for the pew-monia riddled wife I would have ridden the loop. I was hoping ya'll wouldn't notice that I dropped out early. I get a little frustrated when tied up in traffic going up the suck anyway. I didn't contribute to the GPS geeking but enjoyed the company anyway. Ya'll need to come up this summer when Nitefall starts and everyone can camp at MoTodd's compound. Great 2 wheeled fun. Speaking of MoTodd we gathered and toasted his new PD last night. Those guys are killing me. Glad everyone made it home allright.

Troutrider
  14. Suppermotodd

Suppermotodd Tag Thief

Oddometer:
    I'll make it next time! I had to talk to a man about a dog...

[​IMG]

:clap :clap :clap
  15. rcompton

Oddometer:
    :tb :tb :tb

Nice!

16. kv

Oddometer:
    That there is a sweet dog.

:thumb
  17. PowerT

PowerT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like it has been said it was great to put some names to faces.

To those that desired to be in on the GPS discussion I hope no one felt like they were being left out. If anyone has a question that was not answered or did not get to participate send me a PM and I will do my best to get an answer. If you do please provide what type of GPS you are using.

The ride after the meeting was awesome even though I am still getting my bearings on the 950.

Coming home as I left KV and Dirttysouth the rain did increase but oddly enough I made it to Dawsonville in a quicker time than I ever have.

The event of the day was when KV, Dirtysouth, rcompton and I blazed by the GSP guys with the lasers out and no even hinted at checking up.

I concur that we should do it again. I am game.

Troy out.
  18. Whorepedo

Whorepedo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So whens the next one?

i know... diggin up old posts, but this sounded like fun. :freaky