GPS Mount AMPs Pattern 12mm 1/2" Cross Bar by MotoPumps USA Made

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motopumps, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Motopumps

Motopumps Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been dissatisfied with the options on the market for mounting a GPS cradle to a 12mm (or 1/2") cross bar found on a lot of ADV bikes. I have one on my Africa Twin as part of the factory fairing stay and windshield mount, one on my (just sold) '17 VStrom from Givi and one I made for my Tracer GT. The 12mm cross bar is pretty common, found on BMW GSs as well as other ADV bikes.

We developed this mount after being frustrated with the heavy, fragile, overly large, complex and expensive offerings. Machined from DuPont Delrin, the mount is strong, stable, light and 100% weather/corrosion resistant. We make them right here in Beautiful Upstate NY.

Final drawings of the production version.
    [​IMG]

MotoPumps GPS Mount is here. Proudly Made in the USA, premium quality GPS / Device mounting plate for motorsports. This kit connects your cradle/device mount with standard AMPs mount holes to your vehicle's 12mm or 1/2" cross bar. Strong, light weight, all weather, AMPs pattern so it fits all standard GPS cradles on the market.

Production item from rear
    [​IMG]

Side View. Generous clamping area for 12mm cross bar.
    [​IMG]

Clamped to cross bar...
    [​IMG]

Many ADV, Sport Touring and Touring motorcycles, ATVs and other vehicles have a 12mm or 1/2" cross bar as part of the fairing / windshield mount. This mounting plate is made to mate to that cross bar with as little weight and bulk as possible.

Shown bolted to a Garmin Zumo 660/665 cradle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The GPS mount has 3 positions so you can vary the height in relation to the cross bar.
    [​IMG]

Your kit consists of a 3 piece machined Delrin mounting plate, stainless steel hardware, 3mm allen wrench and instruction sheet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have done on and off road tests on the Africa Twin, Tracer GT and VStrom with great results. The light weight, grippiness and strength of the Delrin are perfect for the job. Testing has more than 5k miles on the three bikes with a Zumo 660 mounted and no issues with breakage, slipping or rotation.

Included Parts and Hardware List:

Machined base plate with standard AMPs pattern and 3 position Cross Bar Mount (The AMPs hole pattern is an industry standard hole configuration. It consists of four (4) holes located in a rectangular pattern spaced at 1.181" by 1.496" (30mm by 38mm). In most cases the AMPS pattern consists of 8 holes, but is sometimes 4 or 2. This allows the mount to be fitted in both a horizontal or vertical orientation. Most third party mounting devices and cradles have the AMPs hole pattern)

12mm or ½” cross bar clamps

6 M4 x .7 x 25mm A2 Stainless Steel Socket Cap Screws (2 hold the cross bar clamps to the base plate, 4 mount your device or GPS cradle, RAM mount or other hardware to the base plate)
    4 stainless Steel Washers
    1 M3 Hex / Allen wrench for the included socket cap screws.

We have this on the MotoPumps website for $49.99.

Offering to the ADVrider community for $39.99 with free USA shipping.

The kit is quite light, so we can ship internationally via USPS First Class Mail International for a pretty low rate, typically $14.25. PM me for an international payment link with exact postage.

MotoPumps GPS Mount $39.99 Free USA Shipping
    [​IMG]

You can also purchase directly on our website MotoPumps.com and use this $10 off discount code. SAVE$10GPS
  2. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the amazing response, folks! We are keeping up with shipping. Orders go out within 24 hours.

Rob
    CrazyCooter likes this.
  3. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    man o man I wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago, exactly what I needed :baldy. Changed my 1190 GPS mount to the Touratech version with the 1/2” bar, didn’t realize I was supposed to buy another TT piece to mount up to my Zumo cradle. Not wanting to drop another $100 bucks into mount adaptors, actually it wasn’t so much the money but I didn’t want “more” hardware hanging off the 1/2” bar, I made a bracket out of a piece of aluminum and a couple SS straps, considering my time, I would have been money ahead just buying yours.
    Motopumps likes this.
  4. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter --Crazy MoFo-- Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad I found this today! Was looking for a good way to mount my 8" tab to the dash......
    Motopumps likes this.
  5. CrazyCooter

Oddometer:
    Got mine today and thank you for the quick shipping time!

I was planning to use it to mount a locking RAM tab mount and just assumed it would work with the standard AMPS mounting pattern, but no joy! It will line up on two of the 4 holes, but I would be relying on 2 self tapping screws into plastic. It would be nice if the base plate was a tad larger and had the 2 holes that allowed bolting through the mount? I'll edit and attach a pic showing you what I mean......

I'll probably just make an adapter plate for now.

20190820_090341.jpg
  6. CrazyCooter

Oddometer:
    It does not directly work with the Ram ball mount, but I bet it will be a future offering.

I made an adapter tonight to adapt my Ram Tablet locking mount.

Attached Files:

Davethestick likes this.
  7. jonne

jonne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I send you a DM
  8. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Got it. Invoice sent. How do you like the Tenere 700 so far? :ear

Rob
  9. jonne

jonne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tenere 700.
    Its fits much better than de SW-Motech mount.

Attached Files:

BygDaddee and Motopumps like this.
  10. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Excellent! May I use your photos? Wish we were getting the Tenere 700 here in the US before 2021.

Ride Safe!
    Rob
  11. jonne

jonne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Of course. I will take better pictures tomorow.

Attached Files:

12. jonne

jonne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New pics by daylight. Fits perfect on the Tenere 700.

Attached Files:

BygDaddee likes this.
  13. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Thanks for the pix. Really appreciate it. Can't wait for the T7 to arrive here.

Ride Safe!
    jksewell likes this.
  14. yarmash

yarmash n00b

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd post my install of the Motopumps bracket. I have a TomTom Rider 550 (more popular than Garmin in Europe) which uses a RAM mounting system. The hole pattern is AMP compliant but the GPS cradle is bolted to the RAM mount from behind and not from the front. The Motopumps bracket is designed to be fixed to from the front. So this is to help anyone wanting to attach a TomTom and possibly some feedback for Motopumps for future iterations.

To fit my GPS cradle, I drilled out four of the holes to M5 (the threaded holes in the TomTom cradle are M5). I purchased some M5 x 16mm Allen head fasteners and washers. I screwed into the GPS cradle from the back of the Motopumps bracket. Simple. The only slight drawback is that the adjustable position of the crossbar mount is void because it will only fit in the central position due to the bolt heads getting in the way (not really an issue for me). Now it's installed it's working perfectly. I can't believe this is the only prefabbed option out there.

Thanks to Rob for getting it shipped out quickly and getting the customs paperwork just right.

Attached Files:

Motopumps likes this.
  15. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pix and post. Good to know the fitment changes needed for a TomTom cradle.

Nice!

Rob
  16. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered, looking forward to testing this out with my 12mm GPS mount.
  17. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave! Shipped out yesterday, should arrive on Monday.

Ride Safe!
    Rob
    Davethestick likes this.
  18. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Hi, can you give me price for 2 shipped to Brisbane Australia 4036

Thanks
  19. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Shipping for two to Oz is $14.25 usd on top of the $79.98 ($39.99x2)

BygDaddee, Use the link below to purchase. Thanks!

https://www.paypal.com/invoice/p/#44Y4JFXSU5PZUBA5
  20. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Done

Thanks