GPS POIs of all KTM Dealers in S.E. USA, Mexico, Central & South America

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Sheep Shagger, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Sheep Shagger

Sheep Shagger Show me your fleece

Oddometer:
    I hope this is the right place to put this information.

This is a GPX file made from a list of USA KTM Dealers. The list was taken from ktm.com on Jan 17 2008, so I assume it's up to date as of then.

Hope this is useful to someone, and I'm not reduplicating other posts.

View attachment KTM dealers USA.gpx

I have just done the UK as well, but I can only attach one file to advrider.
    You can get the UK and USA file here.
    http://www.box.net/shared/mhmma0n1co

You can also view the files in Google Maps, There are too many dealers to show on one page (for google) so you need to zoom in to see them all. Also not sure how long this link will be valid.

USA
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fdownload.php%3FNumber%3D1093987&om=1&ie=UTF8&z=3

UK
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fdownload.php%3FNumber%3D1094558&om=1&ie=UTF8&z=6
  2. Mike955i

Mike955i Future Escapee

Oddometer:
    Great piece of info, any chance a mod could copy it to OC? Thanks for sharing it!
  3. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I know some orange koolaid :bert folks that would be intrested. Thanks.
  4. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Asheville, NC/ Muntinlupa City, Philippines
    Very cool! Thanks very much for posting that. I am new to the gpx files. Is there anyway to copy and save so that it will appear in the drop down map list or does it have to show as waypoints? Thanks
  5. paochow

paochow Bye bye desert

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Thanks mucho.
  6. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :clap
  7. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Very cool rescource to have. :thumb Thank you.
  8. Sheep Shagger

Oddometer:
    Not sure I fully understand what you mean, but here is some more info.
    GPX Files are really for GPS devices, just load them in to the GPS software.
    If you mean the google map I posted a link to, then that's just a representation of the contents of the GPX file, google has cut off some of the dealer information like address etc. The GPX file is what you should really use.
    But, if you create a google account, you will get the option to save the map I posted to your account, and get to do a few other things / options.
  9. Fustercluck

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry my question wasn't very clear. I re read it and didn't know what I was asking either haha. Where do i need to post this file so that wwhen I open mapsource on the pc it shows this in the drop down menu for maps to select?
  10. Sheep Shagger

Oddometer:
    Arr, ok, now I understand. But, sorry, I don't know how to do that.

This is what I did.
    Take the file in mapsource, select all the waypoints, select properties, change them all to a waypointgroupXX, then rename waypointgroupXX to "KTM Dealers". Then you can turn them all on and off using the show waypoints of KTM dealers.
    Once you have loaded them into the GPS, they will be there until you delete them on the actual GPS. But you can also copy / paste them into any map set you want so you can see them in mapsource.
  11. Fustercluck

Oddometer:

Cool that will work, thanks for the info and for providing that file!
  12. MarkN

MarkN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've just downloaded the UK file and it's spot on:thumb

Thank you for your hard work and willingness to share it:clap
  13. rw4x4van

rw4x4van East Coast Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks, worked great......

....once you click to Goggle Maps,....you can also view them in Goggle Earth, by hitting the "View in Goggle Earth Button" and then save it as a .kmz file
  14. Sheep Shagger

Oddometer:
    Glad it worked.

The Google version deleted the address for some reason, you can load the GPX files directly into Google Earth and it will keep the adress.
  15. SRhooter

SRhooter SRhooter

Oddometer:
    Since, I didn't see anyone posting a ktm dealers waypoint symbol, here's one from a photoshop makeover. You'll have to convert it to .bmp file, first. If you're using the garmin poi loader, you'll need to rename the symbol the same as your ktm dealer gpx file [in the same folder] to see it on your gps map screen.

Attached Files:

16. 990S Pilot

990S Pilot Is this round trip?

Oddometer:
    I'm 0 for 3 on the US KTM dealers that I've tried to locate using this. I suspect that the problem is you used the addresses off of the KTM web site and many are out of date. Two examples:

The KTM dealer in Tucson (Performance Cycle) the GPS takes you to the intersection of I-10 and Ina Rd, Performance Cycle is about 5 miles from there.

Munn Racing in Waco. The address on the KTM site is a P.O. Box in Loreene. The GPS takes you to the post office! Their actual location is about 20 miles WNW of there.

I forget the third one I tried, somewhere in CA I think, but there was no dealer anywhere near.

I appreciate the effort though, some are spot on. I just wanted to warn folks that if you're about to head toward a dealership based on this GPS file with a mechanical problem, you might want to call first!
  17. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna need to figure out how to do POI's, as opposed to PUI's, which I'm quite accomplished at. :D
  18. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Or PITA's.:lol3

What are you running, Lobby? A 376/478 or the like? I forget. But they won't do POI's. The Zumo will.

Dave
  19. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:

A 478. You mean they don't do POI's? Well, there went 5 hours of work.

:fall
  20. Sheep Shagger

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure how else to do this, all info was taken directly from KTM's web site, and GPS lat/log locations from the address. The ones I've picked over the year have been spot on, but you are right, there are errors. I believe the files I've posted have the phone# in there. If someone has any ideas on a better way to do this, that doesn't require checking each dealer manually, please let me know.

Or better yet, give me the corrected lat/long for the ones you know about and I'll keep the files up to date.