GPS POIs of all KTM Dealers in S.E. USA, Mexico, Central & South America

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Sheep Shagger, Jan 14, 2008.

1. 990S Pilot

990S Pilot Is this round trip?

Oddometer:
    SS: I hope you didn't take my comment as being critical of your effort in doing this, it's much appreciated.

I agree, about the only way of getting the correct information is if folks go to their local KTM dealer using the GPX file you provided and see if the waypoint is correct. If not, setting a waypoint and providing you with the information so you can update the file (much appreciated!) will help.

In an effort to be constructive rather than just critical :D here are corrected waypoints for two of the places I mentioned:

Munn Racing
    8441 N. Hwy 6
    Waco, TX 76712
    (254)-848-5910
    N31 34.928
    W97 18.483

Performance KTM of Tucson
    3741 N. I-10 Frontage Rd, #101
    Tucson, AZ 85705
    (520)-622-2780
    N32 16.539
    W111 00.888
  2. BobbyC

BobbyC n00b

Oddometer:
    Damn it! This is pushing me to upgrade my gps. I have a 2610 and it's limited to 500 wp's. The Zumos have the same limitation. 2730's have a 2000 wp limit and I see them going for under 200 now so I might have to get one of those. Good thing is that I don't need to buy/install new power supply, mount, etc.

Thanks for the file!!! :thumb
  3. Sheep Shagger

Sheep Shagger Show me your fleece

Oddometer:
    Not sure if it helps on a 2610, but I load them as POI's rather than WP's with a tool from Garmin called poi_loader.
  4. Sheep Shagger

Oddometer:
    Not at all, I'm glad you pointed it out. Best to get this 100% accurate.

Thanks for that, I will update the files. I just realized the place that was hosting the files has now changed, so let me find some other place to host the files, and I'll update them as well.
  5. BobbyC

BobbyC n00b

Oddometer:
    I tried loading them with the POI Loader but it won't recognize the 2610 so I loaded them to the CF card but I can't see it on the unit.
  6. Sheep Shagger

Oddometer:
  7. BobbyC

BobbyC n00b

Oddometer:
    The link works.

I used the POI loader and it worked with my Nuvi 260 but doesn't seem to work with my 2610.
  8. icngacsn

icngacsn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For some reason the .gpx files I have downloaded from here (and everywhere else) are not recognized by POI Loader on my Mac. Any ideas (other than get a PC?)
  9. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    Hello Sheep Shagger. :wave

I'm just letting you and others know that the KTM dealers in the New England that I know about seem to be correct in your GPS data.

Thanks for all the work you did on this.

Also, does anyone have similar information for Mexico?

Q~
  10. DennyIndy

DennyIndy Old F@rt

Oddometer:
    Do you have the latest version of POI Loader from Garmin?

http://garmin.com/mac

Place gpx files in a folder on your mac. Run poi loader select the folder that contains the gpx files, not the gpx files.
    You can have one level of subfolders inside that folder.
  11. fire_strom

fire_strom Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  12. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    I really wish i had come across this thread before I road 3500 and 5 states, but fortunately it would have only been mildly helpful. I really appreciate the time and effort you put it!

A couple of notes for you:
    -MDK in Redwood City, CA is now closed

-Peninsula Honda & Ducati of Sunnyvale, CA is now a KTM dealer and has changed their name to:
    The Motor Cafe
    1289 W. El Camino Real
    Sunnyvale,CA 94087

-KTM of Tri Valley is now open
    952 North Canyon Parkway
    Livermore, CA 94551

Again, thank you!
  13. kizniche

kizniche pyro

Oddometer:
    Good day all,

I've compiled a recent (2010) list of all KTM Dealership addresses/phone numbers taken from KTM.com (coordinates from KTM.com and Google), of the South Eastern USA (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi), Mexico, Central America (Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama), and South America (Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina)

http://www.poifriend.com/poigroup.php?poigroup_id=30571

I realize most KTMs are out west, so this may have limited usefulness for some.

If you're wondering why I took the time to enter 158 dealership addresses/phone numbers/coordinates, it's preparation for a trip I'm planning next month. A link is in my signature.

Hopefully this will be useful to others. If you find any mistakes or have suggestions/comments, let me know.

Cheers,
    Kyle

Edit: Ops, I started a thread when one already existed. Kudos to the moderator that merged my thread with this one.
    Also, there were a couple addresses from KTM.com that are PO Boxes. I made it apparent by adding a note that the map would not be accurate with those, but that may not be visible on your GPS unit unless the address is viewed- so be aware when using this.