GPS track wanted for NJ->CA (and back again!)

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by primemover, Aug 11, 2008.

1. primemover

primemover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi All...

i am (ever soooo slowly) planning a MAJOR trip for next spring... still not sure if i can pull it off, but have to start planning and just HOPE it all comes together...

i plan to leave NJ ~4/15/09 to get to CA (figure it will take ~10 days) where i have to work on a project for 2-3 weeks, then i'll head home to NJ again...

all plans are very sketchy at this point, but i will be using my 2001 f650gs (which i have had for ~2 years now, been riding for ~4 and have ~20 k miles under my wheels)...

i was wondering if anyone had some GPS tracks that would fit the below possible routes:

NJ->CA-SFB area (hanging a low arch and passing through NM - have a sister there)

CA-SFB area->NJ (hanguing a high arch, perhaps swinging in a Great Lake tour)

?

any suggestions would be apprecaited...

- prime
  2. klinquist

klinquist ├╝bergeek

Oddometer:
    That's an incredibly easy route to make, you could do that in 30 seconds with mapsource installed.. hell, you could do it on the GPS in a few minutes. What GPS do you have? Most will allow you to enter California as the destination and then simply add a via point in NM (for example).
  3. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Since this starts and ends in NJ and you are looking for tracks, We'll start it out in this forum.
  4. primemover

Oddometer:
    sorry, i guess i really did not make myself as clear as i could've...

i'm looking for routes (or portions there of) between these 2 distinations that others found neat/fun/etc...

i guess "tracks" as someone mentioned is what i really want, but GPS routes that were used to aquire those "tracks" are just as good...

i do have map source and know how to use it, i was merely looking for advice for the best riding roads between here and there...

i have a garmin vista CX etrex...

thanks...

- prime
  5. primemover

Oddometer:
    THANKS!

i was unsure as to which forum to drop this in, but to be honest, i have ridden pretty much all of JERSEY, so i'd really be interested in non-NJ tracks/routing heading west-ish (though am thinking that heading a little south first might make the most sense)...
  6. primemover

Oddometer:
    curious.... i did not realize there was a "trip planning" forum, should this thread be moved there?