GPX FSE300R - official?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Moshaholic2, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 PCUT

Oddometer:
    I didn't see another one so here we go.

Picked up this 2021.5 GPX FSE300R today. It will primarily be to replace my wife's 2019 CRF250L

I'll try to squeeze out the "first oil change" 200 miles this weekend (weather permitting)

20201023_201839.jpg

20201023_201807.jpg
    Jeremy K, dogsslober, Navin and 2 others like this.
  2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't it just continuation of FSE250R thread? How does she like it vs CRF?
  3. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just recently upgraded my FSE250R to KTM rad louvers to get a nicer bolt to shroud interface. The wood screws on the first generation work but the new bikes have reinforced both plastic parts plus added the bolts. That jumped out at me in your pic. Nice looking scooter!

48A75D52-5754-4534-9C19-CA0D914B56AD.jpeg
    Bitingdog and Moshaholic2 like this.
  4. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 PCUT

Oddometer:
    It only has 1 mile on it so far. But, nearly 70lbs lighter and a tad bit more power w/adjustable suspension is really a no brainer.

There are definitely some things that need refinement (sharp edges on some metal parts, plastic handgaurds are pretty much looks only)
    And they should really come with a spark arrestor.

Those I can deal with myself (obviously prefer them to come done..). But, the weight suspension and extra hp was the real attraction.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  5. DirtDad

DirtDad Green Chile Guru

Oddometer:
    Nice! Been thinking really hard about adding one of these bikes to the stable. Mostly for camping trips, guests, and of course myself. Just a little on the fence on
    how capable these bikes actually are. I have been lusting over a FE350, but I am coming to the end of my rope paying sooo much for new dirt bikes.
    Interesting to hear about your impressions of this bike.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  6. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 PCUT

Oddometer:
    Did 115 miles today. Its definitely more dirt oriented than the CRF250L (and thirstier) . It makes its power in the higher half of its RPM range but can lug up stuff with low rpm's even in 6th.

Ripped through some sand and did some really fun long drifting turns. Wish I stopped to get pics but in my mind I thought I was almost out of gas and so was focused on keeping moving to make it to the station a few miles away. It definitely is better offroad than the 250L.

I will pull the wheels off tomorrow to go get them balanced. Had an annoying oscillation starting at 60mph. Pushed it up to 80mph.

20201024_175712.jpg
    Bitingdog likes this.
  7. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have very different ideas of top end power... :lol3

If you are not running low off road tire pressures you can remove the rim locks and that imbalance will probably disappear. Tape over the hole in the rim on the inside if you do. :y0!
    Bitingdog likes this.
  8. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 PCUT

Oddometer:
    I guess its more "mid power". To me it can lug but not wheelie from a start and the "meat" of the power seems to be around the 7k range.

Would like to quicken the throttle response to give some more snapiness coming off a closed throttle. There isnt a dead zone... but the first 1/4-1/3 feels slow to respod then you get past that point and the revs pick up quickly.

I think a EJK would do wonders for that and likely cure the off throttle pops we all have as well.

Time to start bugging them. If AJP had one available for their 250, it shouldn't take them much to get one right for the 300 and 450.