1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

GPX Route on Nuvi 1490

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by MTeodor, Aug 8, 2018.

1. MTeodor

MTeodor n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello! A week pased since I get my GPS (NUVI 1490) and I still can't open GPX file on it . When I go to My Data, Import Route(s) its say "No data available". On Basecamp softwere the track load.What am i doing wrong?
  2. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately trying to do tracks on a Nuvi is what I think you are doing wrong.

There are no Nuvi models that can handles tracks.
    Many cant even handle multi point routes, but it looks like your 1490 should.

Is it really a track file you are trying to use, or is it a multi point route?
  3. MTeodor

MTeodor n00b

Oddometer:
    The file is "gpx track" .What gps is good for what I am trying to do (making a route on PC and uploading it to GPS)?
  4. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. MTeodor

MTeodor n00b

Oddometer:
    Finally I understand ! Thanks! How about Garmin Drive? Would it be better for me?
  6. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am glad you understand, but I am still unsure if you are trying to do tracks or routes.

The Garmin Drives are basically newer Nuvis with some newer features.
    I know they don't do tracks.
    I don't know a lot about them, but they most likely don't do routes any better than the 1490.
    They may even be worse.

If its tracks that you want to do, and you want a Garmin, you want to look at a Montana or their other hiking GPS.
    The Garmin Zumos also have some limited track capabilities.
    Phone GPS apps also do tracks. TONS of info on here about that.
  7. MTeodor

MTeodor n00b

Oddometer:
    Just sold my Garmin to a friend who don't need tracks :) . I am going to read some threads on forum to get some info and see what app is the best! Thanks a lot!
    Ogre_fl likes this.