GPX TSE250R 2T Enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another trail day, Keihin carb is back in, AER forks up front, Michelin fr/rr are new. 12/53 gearing gives me a nicer front end pop for wheelies, logs and pivot turns. Second pulls from near dead stopped too, the 53 will probably stay.

6B4D3DC0-49C0-4C4D-9CF3-8BB914A5843B.jpeg
    nycmx, Dirtleg and Fallacy like this.
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Decided to experiment on clutch pull lever ratios.

The TSE250R clutch pull is incredibly light and the levers are great for smaller hands. The light pull comes at a cost though, lever travel. This is great for less experienced riders. It makes the friction zone of the clutch lever very wide and easy to manipulate.

I decided to reduce the lever arm length in the engine case to get a full clutch release further from the bars.

Excuse the hack job but it works! I will be modding another stock arm by simply relocating the cable attachment. The measurements are from center of the rivit for the cable clip to the center of the clutch lever shaft.

By reducing the length of the lever, the action is much shorter but on the other side of the equation, the effort goes up. As it sits with the shortest lever length, it’s just a hair harder pull than a 2018 SXF350 and is fully disengaged by about half the distance of stock at the hand lever.

More testing next week.

07CCAE1C-9563-4E3F-A7A6-C550442992B8.jpeg
    4016A202-24D1-4A75-A7C5-1B98EC0D87CA.jpeg
    F6F874B7-B9D2-4574-8532-C2D02070D4CB.jpeg
    6799F953-0967-4E5C-B6AE-0C8D52967A11.jpeg
  3. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You could probably make an arm with multiple holes to adjust clutch feel.
  4. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    The stocker may just lend itself to that with a few holes drilled and a nut n bolt. See how the cable angle looks as
    I go a bit deeper on this one.
    andrewgore and Yinzer Moto like this.
  5. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I put mine on the charger today. Exciting I know.
  6. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    5004F6C6-0919-422B-87F0-19613347746C.gif
    Bitingdog, Fallacy, Dirtleg and 2 others like this.
  7. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Poor things been basically sitting since June. :fpalm

I better order another plug. It's not firing up as quick as before. Might be the less than fresh gas. :lol3
    Fallacy, Dirtleg, Yinzer Moto and 2 others like this.
  8. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Off angle root just under the sand got me today. Rear went off line badly. Front brake locked in the dry sand and I was about to drive between two trees. Not at the new angle I was traveling at! Lol

Face has been worse, I picked the bark from my mouth and cheeks, left hand swelling but not busted. TSE left flag guard mount broke. Everything else survived, clutch perch rotated on the bars.

Speaking of clutch, I reset the actuator to it original shape. That experiment was worth trying but it wasn’t great, might try it again eventually or convert to a hydro set up.

Loop two might just happen as my fingers still seem to be working!

4D9E3347-D453-4863-8A6B-CF07C6469C41.jpeg 43428533-C0BC-48D4-89EE-5A1E17F2FA15.jpeg
    Fallacy, Bitingdog, Dirtleg and 3 others like this.
  9. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you had TI motor mounts, that bike would have handled 10x better and you wood have threaded the needle between the trees.
  10. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    :imaposer
    Fallacy, Bitingdog, pro5mark and 3 others like this.
  11. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

I will let Gary know he needs to mill a few batches up! The Chinesium steel moutour brackets were just dandy until that one spot. :rofl

Final parts damage, one hand guard mount, one radiator louver torn from the frame. Thankfully everything behind those parts is intact! They did their jobs, no complaints here. Advil popping time, things are starting to hurt that didn’t hurt before.... :lol3
    Fallacy, Bitingdog, Dirtleg and 2 others like this.
  12. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

You won’t be laughing when those guys start swapping a sweet steel frame on those Ellie’s!
    Fallacy, Bitingdog, Grreatdog and 3 others like this.
  13. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    :fpalm
    Fallacy, Bitingdog, Dirtleg and 2 others like this.
  14. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can’t seem to sell her so gotta ride her!

First test true for me riding the newest GPX OC 48mm forks. These really only have light DS and street use on them. Let’s see how they flow.

A20CA800-9B90-4795-95BA-9985866FF711.jpeg
    Dirtleg, Fallacy and Bitingdog like this.
  15. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can’t speak for these new forks in rocks but here in Florida they are great. They stay up in the stroke and resistbottoming so well. They seem plusher midstroke than at the fist portion and let me really push hard. Super happy with them. I didn’t expect performance as good as the Fast Aces but these are excellent for me.
    Dirtleg, Fallacy, nycmx and 1 other person like this.
  16. Siafu

Siafu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just took delivery of a brand new 2019 3 days ago. Even with my awareness of the wonky gas cap issue it just sort of came apart on day one and I didn't even ham-fist it. I also am curious as to when the blinker/horn kits are going to be stateside. I am already registered and insured in NYS but can't venture out on the roads because my dealer won't inspect it without the necessary parts in place. I bought this bike to eliminate the need to transport a trail bike to the trail on the back of my truck.

I also have a question about the 2-stroke oil.Can I use Motul 800 2T in the oil reservoir or does it have to be an "injector oil"? I have a half a case of it and I wondered if it would be ok to use it up in this bike.

So far I am very impressed with the machine. I hope it rides and handles as good as it looks. Build quality seems very high. I sold 2 older bikes that were becoming mechanical headaches and used the money from them to buy this. I look forward to learning more about the bike on this board and posting my experiences. It's good to be aboard. IMG_20191010_140219740.jpg
  17. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    1.) If you want a blinker and horn etc (aka a dualsport kit) just order the Tusk kit from RMATV. Since you don't need a headlight, the kit is cheap. @Navin can tell you the type of brake switches that you need (I think it's the Nissin style but not positive) for your brake lights. I've been using this kit for 4 years, and it's fine.

Quit waiting, start riding:-)

2.) Motul 800 2T will be fine. Wal-Mart Super Tech is fine too.

Congratulations on your beautiful new bike!
    Dirtleg likes this.
  18. bark sampler

bark sampler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Siafu, @Bitingdog
    I don’t have a TSE, but I do have some oil injection bikes and have used Motul 800t extensively in my mix bikes. I can not recommend it for oil injection. It is a higher viscosity and one of the more difficult oils to get fully mixed and suspended into gas. It works awesome at keeping the power valves clean, but I would suspect problems with it running through an injection system.

Not trying to make this an oil thread, but injection oils are a little different. It sounds like the TSE is robust and happy with anything, but I’d make sure it was formulated for injection.
  19. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Front brake switch, 2015 KTM EXC500 common part.

Rear brake banjo switch, Nissin thread compatible. M10X 1.25 thread brake banjo switch.
    Glenn247, Bitingdog and Dirtleg like this.
  20. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would you recommend mixing with Wallyworld oil to dilute the viscosity? Would be nice to use it up I imagine.