GPX TSE250R 2T Enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Bt10

Bt10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would you recommend mixing with Wallyworld oil to dilute the viscosity? Would be nice to use it up I imagine.
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Maybe eyeball it against the Heingein oil that came with the bike. I don’t recall that being exceptionally thin oil and it was fine in the injection system.
    Dirtleg and Bitingdog like this.
  3. MuirR

MuirR n00b

Oddometer:
    Been reading for the last week... Pretty much read the whole thread. Very interested in one of these and even have a semi local dealer. Just gotta convince the wife after we finish some house stuff.

Now, you mention re-routing the oi hoses with premium hose. What do you consider premium? Just head down to the local napa/O'Reilly/AutoZone and pick up oil hoses and some fuel hose (not gonna use the supplied fuel filter after malignity's issue).
  4. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I ordered the following from McMaster.com I have lots leftover now for various other projects
    upload_2019-10-14_7-55-58.png
    Glenn247, MuirR, Navin and 2 others like this.
  5. MuirR

MuirR n00b

Oddometer:
    I forgot earlier, does anyone know at what point the carb heater would actually be useful?
  6. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    Commuting in below freezing temperatures. Same for the thermostat. Since the motor was intended for a street bike it was built like a street bike motor that needs to work in all temps. Depending on what conditions you ride in it may or may not be useful.
    MuirR likes this.
  7. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    Because of the low pressure vacuum inside of a carb, air temp drops significantly. It could drop as much as 40 degrees below ambient. Ice from humidity in the air can form inside the carb. I ran a smart carb for a little while and it worked great in summer temps, but then as fall came around and we were riding in temps that were below 40. I started having issues with the slide icing up. It was really strange, I would stop the bike and the ice would melt within 30 seconds or so, then the slide would work again. I have never had that issue with any other carb. I frequently ride in temps that are well below freezing. This bike has a smaller carb than average, this adds to the bottom end performance but it could also mean that there is a higher vacuum through the carb and icing could be more of a concern.
    MuirR and Fallacy like this.
  8. Bt10

Bt10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...that there is a higher velocity and temp drop through the carb and icing could be more of a concern.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  9. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Carbs aside......I've got some sink strainers en route to hack together some spark arrestor, since no off the shelf ones exist. Odd considering so many of the places these bikes have been seen being used......yah know, in areas that require spark arrestors. :dunno
    Fallacy likes this.
  10. Bt10

Bt10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Remember .023" screen is the legal requirement. I'd try any of the off the shelf and screw a ring over it on the back of your end cap.:dunno
    [​IMG]
    Bitingdog and andrewgore like this.
  11. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I'll see if something like that will work. The outlet hole on the exhaust is a lot smaller in diameter than I remember. I'll see what I can come up with. :thumb
    Fallacy likes this.
  12. Bt10

Bt10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would be great if RMATV or the like could tell us what size hole these type screens will fit.
  13. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Or if there were a legit option folks could buy, and I don't mean "buy muffler from some KTM and weld it on" sort of thing. I realize that is asking a bit given that there are likely less than 50 of these bikes in the US. :dunno
    Fallacy and Navin like this.
  14. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used to sell these like candy back in the day.
    [​IMG]

You’re an entrepreneur...
  15. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    With a target market of less than 50.......I'd have to charge nearly 10% of the bike price for something. You think that flys with the target demographic of these bikes?
  16. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    No. But at least there’d be a legit option. :lol3
    Fallacy, Yinzer Moto, Navin and 2 others like this.
  17. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:

I thought FFE was going to make something. At least until the power band got tuu stretched out on that bike. Or it needed gas.
  18. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    :marc

KTM FMF Q2 can is a simple cut job on the inbound end. I’m going to guess it wood takes youse awl of thirty minutes start to finish to fit it on. Less if you joint it with a rubber hose!

BEDDDEEE-BF1A-49EB-9216-04334706D405.gif

I’d still think a screen jobby self made that’s disposable and easy to replace would be far cheaper though. Remember there are import issues with oddball details on dirty bikes. I think this was one of them, and the quiet core the FSE250E has wouldn’t pass tech, and it came in a box of other parts.
    Fallacy likes this.
  19. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Bills fell thru if that’s whose yah mean?
  20. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    FFE is @Fallacy company, it is a subsidiary of Vulture Enterprises. There was talk aboot making a sparky for the one TSE that ran out of gas or the piston fell out, knowbody nose.