GPX TSE250R 2T Enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Steel muffler FTW
    Fallacy, Navin and Dirtleg like this.
  2. Dirtleg

Dirtleg C-16 is tyranny. Supporter

Oddometer:
    MEME2020-09-25-10-47-38.jpg
  3. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Navin, Bitingdog, Dirtleg and 3 others like this.
  4. moto120

moto120 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking to get new graphics for my 2019 GPX TSE250R 2-stroke. Navin, where did you get your GPX graphics from? I guess you had to use a KTM template? I just wanted to change the look and mix it up a bit.
    Bitingdog and Navin like this.
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Call Sean at Decal Works. He has the files from mine if you want to use those but he can hook you up with anything you want. Colors, GPX logos, etc.

DecalMX.com
    Bitingdog, Fallacy and Bultaco206 like this.
  6. moto120

moto120 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, got it. So the special Navin Factory Edition GPX race team graphics, LOL
    Bitingdog, Dirtleg and Navin like this.
  7. Dirtleg

Dirtleg C-16 is tyranny. Supporter

Oddometer:
    5 days edition. They've been out of production for too long. Time to fix that. You've got this.
    Bitingdog, Fallacy and Navin like this.
  8. Bitter

Bitter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My new 2021 TSE is very hard to start when it's been sitting for a week or so. I turn on the fuel, pull up the choke, open the throttle a couple times and hit the starter with the throttle closed. That procedure started my KDX on the first kick, every time. On this bike, it takes 5 to 6 or more times hitting the electric start before it will fire. After it does finally start, It starts instantly the rest of the time riding.
    It's like it's taking a lot to get enough fuel in the carb to start when it's cold. Is there a different starting procedure for this bike? Thanks for any input.
  9. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Twisting the throttle without spinning the engine doesn't do anything, there isn't a pump in the carb to add fuel. Maybe give it a minute before you try the button with the petcock on to fill the bowl? You are using the choke? Hows the plug look. This engine tolerates a wide range of jetting from lean to fat, but when its right it starts before you can release the button.
    Bitingdog, Fallacy and Pablogordo like this.
  10. Bitter

Bitter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haven't looked at the plug yet. It's only got about 130 miles on it. Like I said, after it finally starts from cold, and is warmed up, it does fire up before you release the button.
    I haven't played with jetting yet. I'm at about 5500 to 6k, sometimes higher when riding in the mountains. Maybe a little rich. My KDX had much more power and better throttle response than this bike. Maybe I need to change some jetting to see if I can make it more responsive. But that shouldn't be the cause of hard starting when cold.
  11. Pablogordo

Pablogordo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    have you tried just turning on the petcock and letting it sit for a minute, then choke, then key/starter button and try to start it without pumping the throttle at all? Maybe it’s flooding out from pumping the gas? Just spitballing....

As far as the responsiveness/power delivery, in addition to maybe the jetting or needle clip being too rich or too lean, id suggest maybe a good idea to check/repack your silencer while you’re at it, there were some prior posts indicating the stock packing leaves a lot to be desired....
    Navin likes this.
  12. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only TSE Im around that sits a few weeks time needs a bunch of spins to get going. I attributed this to him draining the bowl. Mine pretty much ran every couple days and never needed much to fire off.
    Dirtleg, Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  13. Bitter

Bitter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yea, I thought about the silencer packing. The bike is brand new, but sounds louder than before. I just talked to somebody at GPX. Don't know who it was. He said cold hard starting is "normal" for these bikes. And when started from cold, when they finally do start they act and sound like they are loaded up and smoke like crazy. Which mine does. Guess I'll repack the silencer and try some jetting changes.
  14. ham2007

ham2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any news on the possible BB kits ?
  15. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 PCUT

Oddometer:
    Reeeeaaaaallly considering one of these to ride single track on and for my wife to use too (replace her dead ass reliable but heavy Honda CRF250L)

Bummed on the removal of the oil injection. Any idea why that was done on the 2021.5 models? Was is problematic?

The bike will have to be dual sported and much prefer injection rather than her having to guess her mixture at a gas station. I cant seem to find exactly what is required to retrofit the oil injection.

Is it gear driven from inside the engine?? Or a rubber diaphram and vacuum like on 80's Yamahas?

Thanks guys. These bikes look pretty killer.
  16. bergoff

bergoff n00b

Oddometer:
    You can still order a 2021 that has the oil injection intact. I’ve been looking at these bikes for awhile. They seem very promising!!
  17. offroadtoys

offroadtoys Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was this direct from Pitster or a local dealer?
  18. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Gear driven in the right side cover. Id call GPX in Utah to see about a kit. Its pretty much a gear, a pump, a oil tank and a few feet of hoses. A few pumps went bad out of a few hundred bikes, more the hoses were not very high quality and poorly fitted, cut too short, crappy spring clamps.

******A guy on the FB page has a new TSE still in the crate for sale*******
    Bitingdog, Dirtleg and Fallacy like this.
  19. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If that is the invite only FB page, it's kind of strange place to try to sell. It's like Google always showing me tire ads after I buy them.
  20. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

I sold me last TSE there in five minutes! It was a screaming deal too but still! :lol3

I think its actually the best place to list cause you are only targeting those open to the bikes in the first place. And if they are on that page they know what to expect, not thinking its a YZF450 or a moped. Ive had marketplace people ask both.

What tires did you buy? My van neds a set schooner than ladder.
    Bitingdog, Dirtleg and Fallacy like this.